Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

H1B for pharmacists

H1B for pharmacists

Old Aug 28th 2002, 1:14 am
Just Joined

Chris Wagner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H1B for pharmacists

Pharmacists are able to get the H1B visa, if they can pass the necessary exams. Please contact me, if you need any more information on this.
Chris
Old Sep 5th 2002, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Katrina W is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H1B for pharmacists

Originally posted by Chris Wagner:
Pharmacists are able to get the H1B visa, if they can pass the necessary exams. Please contact me, if you need any more information on this.
Chris
Old Sep 5th 2002, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Chris
My husband is a pharmacist in England. We would love to move to Virginia, the trouble is at the the age of 58, with 35 years of experience, he doesn't want to start doing exams again. How hard are the necessary exams?
Old Sep 7th 2002, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Katrina,
l;a ahiq[ kdj[93 kf

Originally posted by Katrina W:

My husband is a pharmacist in England. We would love to move to Virginia, the trouble is at the the age of 58, with 35 years of experience, he doesn't want to start doing exams again. How hard are the necessary exams?
Old Sep 7th 2002, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Katrina,
l;a ahiq[ kdj[93 kf
Thank you for your reply, but is it in code?
Old Sep 9th 2002, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply, but is it in code?
Katrina,
Sorry about that, not sure what happened?? As for the exam, I don't know how hard the exams are - I've never taken them. But regardless, they are necessary for US licensure. There are some books and on-line programs that help prepare for the test.

If you want to send me a resume I can look it over and give you some feed back as to the chances. [email protected]
Old Sep 10th 2002, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Katrina,
Sorry about that, not sure what happened?? As for the exam, I don't know how hard the exams are - I've never taken them. But regardless, they are necessary for US licensure. There are some books and on-line programs that help prepare for the test.

If you want to send me a resume I can look it over and give you some feed back as to the chances. [email protected]
Hi,

My husband passed a four year pharmacy course nearly 35 years ago and has worked in retail pharmacy ever since. He owned his own business for thirty years so he knows the ropes! His degree is from the University of Wales at Cardiff.

He had heard that it might just be the legalities he would have to do an exam in. He is a very young 58 but doesn't really want to start doing exams again.

We really love Virginia and would love to retire there but that doesn't seem to be possible, so I am trying to find ways around it.

I qualified as a kinesiologist about a year ago, but apparently you need to already be qualified as a doctor or chiropractor in the States before you can practice there. I am 14 years younger than he is.

Looks like we will be retiring in the UK and just taking vacations in the States.

Katrina
Old Sep 13th 2002, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

Katrina,
Though I haven't studied, it looks like the test is rather difficult. Perhaps you could look into pursuing your profession while visiting the US and eventually get your license here.

I wish you the best,
Chris

Hi,

My husband passed a four year pharmacy course nearly 35 years ago and has worked in retail pharmacy ever since. He owned his own business for thirty years so he knows the ropes! His degree is from the University of Wales at Cardiff.

He had heard that it might just be the legalities he would have to do an exam in. He is a very young 58 but doesn't really want to start doing exams again.

We really love Virginia and would love to retire there but that doesn't seem to be possible, so I am trying to find ways around it.

I qualified as a kinesiologist about a year ago, but apparently you need to already be qualified as a doctor or chiropractor in the States before you can practice there. I am 14 years younger than he is.

Looks like we will be retiring in the UK and just taking vacations in the States.

Katrina
Old Sep 14th 2002, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Katrina,
Though I haven't studied, it looks like the test is rather difficult. Perhaps you could look into pursuing your profession while visiting the US and eventually get your license here.

I wish you the best,
Chris

Thank you very much for looking into it for me. I am very grateful. You are right, it might be a better idea to get my license over there. I had better put out a question about kinesiologists next. That'll confuse them!

Best wishes and thanks.

Katrina