Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

H1b Extension

H1b Extension

Old Jan 10th 2002, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Burnley is an unknown quantity at this point

My employer is applying to extend my H1B visa for another 3 years (first extension). Looking around on other web sites could someone please validate the procedures:
Submit LCA (10day turnaround).
Submit I-129 (plus H suppliment) with $1110 filing fee (need copy of I-94, copy of degree, letter of agreement between myself and employer).

Is there any steps I have missed out. My employer is attempting to do this by himself without consulting a lawyer. Is this wise? has anyone else obtained an extension by themselves?

Thanks in advance

Chris
Old Jan 10th 2002, 3:27 pm
Stuart

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I don't think you need to pay the training fee again ... making it just $110. You
also need a copy of the ID page of your travel document (passport) and a copy of the
visa page in your passport.

Old Nov 1st 2003, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

choodi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LCA Question

Hi, Did you apply H1 extension.. I am also trying to extend the H1-B with my employ... I have some questions.. Please give me some more details..

My company is in NJ and I am working in CA.. so what is the procedure to apply LCA.. Do I need to apply two LCAs one is for NJ and another in CA.

Please reply to this post..

Thanks,
Choodi