Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

H&R Block anyone?

H&R Block anyone?

Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default H&R Block anyone?

Anyone using H&R Block now....

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Stor...oogle&keyword=

lol
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: H&R Block anyone?

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

lol
Whoopsie.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:20 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

lol
Err - i'm going at 12.30 tomorrow
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:22 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

They were shit for me too

Tossers
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:29 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Cant beat turbo tax!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:31 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Patrick
Cant beat turbo tax!
What about nitrous oxide? Thats faster than a turbo anyday.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:53 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

They f**ked ours up last year, we knew it was wrong, we kept telling the guy, so he went & asked his manager, who didn't have a clue either. They were sure they were right, but we made sure to buy their insurance just in case. We went back to the same office this year, but different advisor, she said they had a new manager. We explained about last years & she said she'd look into it. She called back & said that it was a mistake & she's re-doing it for us right now. I'll be asking for the money back that we paid them to do last years, as I'm pretty sure that's one of their policies.

We will probably use them again next year, as we'll have different circumstances, but after that, we'll be doing our own.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 3:01 pm
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Partystar
They f**ked ours up last year, we knew it was wrong, we kept telling the guy, so he went & asked his manager, who didn't have a clue either. They were sure they were right, but we made sure to buy their insurance just in case. We went back to the same office this year, but different advisor, she said they had a new manager. We explained about last years & she said she'd look into it. She called back & said that it was a mistake & she's re-doing it for us right now. I'll be asking for the money back that we paid them to do last years, as I'm pretty sure that's one of their policies.

We will probably use them again next year, as we'll have different circumstances, but after that, we'll be doing our own.
I have always used H&R good because we only have basics deductions this year professional was a little slow responding (same person) but she did give me the state file free. I tried to use turbo tax just couldn't get along with it plus I didn't want to take any chances with us being in the greencard process at that time.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

nannycara is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you know if you can claim your Green card filing fees as a deduction?
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:49 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nannycara
Do you know if you can claim your Green card filing fees as a deduction?
Apparently not but i will ask tomorrow
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

My useless lawyer said I could. But she has been wrong about so much, I don't know why I bother to talk to her.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

My useless lawyer said I could. But she has been wrong about so much, I don't know why I bother to talk to her.
And this is an immigration lawyer?
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:56 pm
Thinking about it

Looking at it myself I can't see where abouts you would claim for it - moving expenses perhaps ??
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

yeah, this is my immigration laywer, who I paid over $2000, for doing nothing but fill out forms. Which I could have done online for $700! Makes ya sick don't it!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yeah, this is my immigration laywer, who I paid over $2000, for doing nothing but fill out forms. Which I could have done online for $700! Makes ya sick don't it!
I don't think an immigration lawyer would know much about taxes; try the US immigration forum - they know everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.