H 1 b visa

Old Mar 31st 2002, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

pies_tonite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H 1 b visa

I’m at present applying for a H1 b visa, for USA employment. The INS has stated that I require at least a USA degree for the application to go through.
I have a USA lawyer saying it will cost me up to $5000 to him to find an American university who will grant me a degree based on my work experience. He has stated that through my experience I could get one, so does anyone know of such universities in the USA I can contact. Or any that issue such degrees.

I'm being sponsered by an American company.

Due to the vast shortages of personel in my field, my US employer cannot find the skilled personel to fill the positions, would this be to my advantage when dealing with the INS?
I have articles from hydraulic journals backing me up.
Old Apr 1st 2002, 6:05 pm
Rex Lustrous

Default Re: H 1 b visa

I would not recommend you to "buy" a degree. There are a number of Education
Evaluation Organizations in this country that can verify all your documents
(credentials, references etc.) and give you a education equivalent in US terms. I
think they take 3 years of work experience to be equivalent to 1 year of degree
college education. So if you have experience and have published articles in relevant
field as you say, it should not be difficult for them to evaluate you accordingly.

The straight road is always the shortest (and safest). Good Luck!!

- Rex

"pies_tonite" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I'm at present applying for a H1 b visa, for USA employment. The INS has stated
    > that I require at least a USA degree for the application to go through. I have a
    > USA lawyer saying it will cost me up to $5000 to him to find an American university
    > who will grant me a degree based on my work experience. He has stated that through
    > my experience I could get one, so does anyone know of such universities in the USA
    > I can contact. Or any that issue such degrees.
    >
    > I'm being sponsered by an American company.
    >
    > Due to the vast shortages of personel in my field, my US employer cannot find the
    > skilled personel to fill the positions, would this be to my advantage when dealing
    > with the INS? I have articles from hydraulic journals backing me up.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 1st 2002, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot, i feel the same. i feel the INS will issue the visa once they have seen my certs, quals and experience
Old Apr 1st 2002, 8:05 pm
Rex Lustrous

I also wish to add that the cost of using evaluation services is very small, compared
to your lawyers quote for a false degree. You can spend much less & stay honest!!!

- Rex

Old Apr 1st 2002, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

I don't think It will be a "false" degree. Do you know of the places where I can go to?

Thanks
Old Apr 1st 2002, 8:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You can do a web search for education evaluators.

As for the fee for a degree, if you haven't taken the classes but were given the sheepskin, it is phoney. You are not entitled to aformal degree regardless of the years of experience you have. You are entitled to a conversion of work experience into an equation of university credits though.

Many higher education schools offer life credits. You have to write a paper of x number of words outlining what your work experience has taught you in terms of math, english, history, management, etc. and it is evaluated and then you are given so many credits. But you cannot earn more than 12 credits I believe. This is the equivalent of one full semster of college.
Old Apr 3rd 2002, 8:05 pm
Andrew Carr

Have your company check out www.as-oneimmigration.com. Allen Gray is an immigration
consultant who is very good, flexible and affordable. You and your company could be
saving a lot of money. Best of luck AJC

pies_tonite wrote:

> I’m at present applying for a H1 b visa, for USA employment. The INS has stated
    > that I require at least a USA degree for the application to go through. I have a
    > USA lawyer saying it will cost me up to $5000 to him to find an American university
    > who will grant me a degree based on my work experience. He has stated that through
    > my experience I could get one, so does anyone know of such universities in the USA
    > I can contact. Or any that issue such degrees.
    >
    > I'm being sponsered by an American company.
    >
    > Due to the vast shortages of personel in my field, my US employer cannot find the
    > skilled personel to fill the positions, would this be to my advantage when dealing
    > with the INS? I have articles from hydraulic journals backing me up.
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 3rd 2002, 8:35 pm
Stuart Brook

Are you back here spamming again Andrew J Carr the comedian and the guy with a
definite link to this company ?

Andrew Carr wrote:
    >
    > Have your company check out www.as-oneimmigration.com. Allen Gray is an immigration
    > consultant who is very good, flexible and affordable. You and your company could be
    > saving a lot of money. Best of luck AJC
    >
    > pies_tonite wrote:
    >
    > > I’m at present applying for a H1 b visa, for USA employment. The INS has stated
    > > that I require at least a USA degree for the application to go through. I have a
    > > USA lawyer saying it will cost me up to $5000 to him to find an American
    > > university who will grant me a degree based on my work experience. He has stated
    > > that through my experience I could get one, so does anyone know of such
    > > universities in the USA I can contact. Or any that issue such degrees.
    > >
    > > I'm being sponsered by an American company.
    > >
    > > Due to the vast shortages of personel in my field, my US employer cannot find the
    > > skilled personel to fill the positions, would this be to my advantage when
    > > dealing with the INS? I have articles from hydraulic journals backing me up.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com