Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Guns in America

Guns in America

Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guns in America

Originally Posted by Smartyy
Darn Oregonians won't recognize my CCW reciprocity.
Nor WA, reminds me I need to renew my Utah
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Not sure what sort of gun the OP is interested in, but just got an email for Kentucky Gun Company, seems a lot of good deals out there.

If new to this probably a good idea to get down your local range and try a few.
I'm not allowed to spend anymore money on guns
Old Jun 30th 2017, 6:21 am
Banned

ABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
ABD79, based on your various posts in various sections of the forum, I think you ought to stay in the UK as you seem to get paranoid quite easily.

Worried about spiders in Australia, getting eaten by a bear in Alberta, getting shot in America, etc.

If you're worried about spiders, look up "Tarantula Hawk" on Youtube. That'll give you a whole different perspective. And you'll probably want to buy a shotgun.
Um, worried about being eaten by a bear? Sorry but I never said, or implied that. I asked if you ever saw them on trails, and how you keep them away if you can't carry a gun in Calgary. I never once mentioned being scared of being eaten by a bear. Thank you for building an untrue case of paranoia on my behalf against me with untruths though The spider thing...I have a very real phobia soooo it's kind of natural for me to ask considering Australia has some of the largest, and also most deadly, spiders in the world wouldn't you say? Guns in America...there's not a nation on earth that doesn't know America has a huge problem with excessive gun deaths so I kiiiiind of think it's a good idea to check that out before moving my family there I don't think anything here is unreasonable. I'm not out for conflict...I just want to have a good discussion about it all with helpful people. You honestly don't need to reply if you don't want to help If it's just to call me paranoid and make fun then you can stop right here please

Last edited by ABD79; Jun 30th 2017 at 6:29 am.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 6:23 am
Banned

ABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond reputeABD79 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what sort of gun the OP is interested in, but just got an email for Kentucky Gun Company, seems a lot of good deals out there.

I couldn't hit a target if it was 100 feet X 100 feet and stationed just 10 feet in front of me
Old Jun 30th 2017, 11:20 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

There are also several excellent Youtube channels on firearms. I'm thinking Hickock45, Lucky Gunner and several others who offer excellent reviews and tips for 'new shooters'
Old Jun 30th 2017, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABD79
I couldn't hit a target if it was 100 feet X 100 feet and stationed just 10 feet in front of me
Practice Practice Practice

Not that hard.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 1:28 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Practice Practice Practice

Not that hard.
And that's with different stances, strong hand, weak hand, both hands etc.

You might not be in the ideal position when you have to discharge a firearm.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by civilservant
And that's with different stances, strong hand, weak hand, both hands etc.

You might not be in the ideal position when you have to discharge a firearm.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 2:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Gun toting idiot right here. 4 years in the US. Carry my firearm every day.

I will defend your 1st amendment right to call me names until the end, too bad you don't respect my 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms. Is one right more important than the other by the way? I don't think so.

I haven't shot anyone, I don't intend to shoot anyone, and I am entirely within the confines of the law. So, with respect for MY 1st amendment rights, shut up.
Don't take offense ... my husband is one of those gun toting idiots And yes, he has a permit for carrying a concealed weapon and he does. I think you are a little confused as I never disrespected your 2nd amendment right to bear arms.

I absolutely hate that but he has that right in this state. And thanks for offering to defend my rights. That's so sweet of you ;-)

Last edited by Rete; Jun 30th 2017 at 2:26 pm.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 2:28 pm
Account Closed

I have the permit but not a suitable gun, donations welcome.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 2:29 pm
Often not so civil...

Done any research? I am considering trading in my Glock 43 for a 26, just for the larger double stack capacity.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 2:33 pm
Account Closed

Done any research? I am considering trading in my Glock 43 for a 26, just for the larger double stack capacity.
Even if I get something realistically I am unlikely to carry regularly so does not seem an issue.

Just got my 3rd cheque so no local tag for me, just preference points.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Our population surpasses that of most European countries...

The US population is greater than every European country. The US is 3rd in population behind China and India. I read the other day that Nigeria (currently 7th) is projected to overtake the US population around 2050.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 2:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I have the permit but not a suitable gun. ....
Maybe you just need a bigger holster?
Old Jun 30th 2017, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

I would go double stack for CCW.

I was looking at smaller Glocks like the 43 or 26 like said above although I just preferred the feel, recoil and could overall handle and conceal my G 19 better. Each to their own!

Double stack is the way Go test some out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.