gun laws

Old Jul 22nd 2007, 11:56 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gun laws

Originally Posted by Pony
So did you ever get that gun? Did you sit your concealed carry course?

The NRA is a great source of information on current gun laws:
http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/GASL.pdf

They also have a list of states that will recognize your concealled carry permit.
http://www.nraila.org/recmap/georgiarec.pdf

I just moved from TX to CA and the gun laws here suck! My concealed carry permit is not recognized by CA, I even have to transport my magazines empty when traveling - its not enough to simply unclip the magazine. I enjoy tactical shooting, and I'm used to taking all 12 magazines loaded - not any more.

I just went to my local range with my own ammo and the SOB's do not allow wolf ammo!!!! FFS, I have 2,600 rounds of it left.

If you enjoy your right to own a firearm then can I suggest you consider joining the NRA, or Gun Owners of America (or both). They do a lot of great work educating gun owners, and the anti-gun groups.
I did tell ya, didn't I? CA laws suck if you want to carry firearms.

BTW, my husband attended a Bruce Gray class recently. He had a very good time. Bruce is apparently a most interesting character too.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:17 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: gun laws

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I did tell ya, didn't I? CA laws suck if you want to carry firearms..............

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:23 am

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

Bruce Gray is an amazing IPSC shooter. I have his dry fire notes from his web site, and refer to them often. Tell your hubby I am very envious.

I got a free 4 day course for the Frontsight training camp in Vegas (http://www.frontsight.com/) . I'll be driving out there some time this year when I redeem the voucher (I'm not going to go through the hassle of checking my handguns at LAX).
I could never justify $2,000 for a 4 day course, so the free voucher is awesome.
They still have the offer for a free voucher on their site (I found out about it from a mailer last week). Maybe your husband (or his shooting buddies etc) would be interested:
http://www.frontsight.com/1.asp

I did tell ya, didn't I? CA laws suck if you want to carry firearms.

BTW, my husband attended a Bruce Gray class recently. He had a very good time. Bruce is apparently a most interesting character too.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:24 am

and it is such a safer place when only the criminals (and police) carry handguns :curse:

Originally Posted by Elvira
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:29 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pony
Bruce Gray is an amazing IPSC shooter. I have his dry fire notes from his web site, and refer to them often. Tell your hubby I am very envious.

I got a free 4 day course for the Frontsight training camp in Vegas (http://www.frontsight.com/) . I'll be driving out there some time this year when I redeem the voucher (I'm not going to go through the hassle of checking my handguns at LAX).
I could never justify $2,000 for a 4 day course, so the free voucher is awesome.
They still have the offer for a free voucher on their site (I found out about it from a mailer last week). Maybe your husband (or his shooting buddies etc) would be interested:
http://www.frontsight.com/1.asp
In fact, some of the other students at his class are what I consider Bruce "groupies" (in the nicest sense). One guy has attended five Gray Guns classes! Even though the class was in NC, some students had travelled from OH and FL!

I'll PM you some links about the class. Students took videos and posted about their experiences (my husband hasn't). It did sound like a really worthwhile class.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:42 am

OK thanks.

This was the first chance I got to visit the range since I arrived in CA. To be honest it was a very nerve racking experience.
As anyone who has ever been to the range at LAX will testify, it is not in the best neighborhood. The range only has 6 parking spaces at the front, the rest being on the road. So I arrive at the range, all my guns unloaded and locked as per CA law. I exit the car and see 4 young men all hanging around (they all look 'street' if you know what I mean). I am thinking, I have a big range bag full of handguns and ammo, yet no way to defend myself should one of them decide to simply take it!
If I were a gang member wanting to get my hands on some handguns then I would visit the range and rob the unarmed citizens who have a great supply of well looked after firearms

I'll PM you some links about the class. Students took videos and posted about their experiences (my husband hasn't). It did sound like a really worthwhile class.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:40 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

This thread is closed.

Please continue your discussion about Pony's visit to the range in the thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468174

Last edited by NC Penguin; Jul 23rd 2007 at 2:45 am. Reason: Updated comments.