Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Guess who is to be the next Bionic Man?

Guess who is to be the next Bionic Man?

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 6:15 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Guess who is to be the next Bionic Man?

Yep, remakes are the next BIG thing and Col. Steve Austin gets a make-over in the remake of the Six Million Dollar Man (due to be released in 2005).

But who is playing Steve Austin?

Jim Carrey :scared:

Now, I like Jim Carrey, but the Bionic Man. No way!

Edited because I thought Steve was worth 6 billion not 6 million.

Last edited by rincewind; Mar 23rd 2004 at 7:08 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 6:23 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Guess who is to be the next Bionic Man?

Originally posted by rincewind
Yep, remakes are the next BIG thing and Col. Steve Austin gets a make-over in the remake of the Six Billion Dollar Man (due to be released in 2005).

I thought you were going to say YOU were playing him!
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 6:26 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

So I didn't get it? dang it..........They could at least phoned, I hate finding out who got starring roles this way, through the media.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 6:27 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
I thought you were going to say YOU were playing him!

I wish. I used to love the show when I was a kid. My mother has a great story about trying to talk me down from my bedroom window as I said I was bionic and could jump to the ground. Trust me, I was only 6. I also believed I could hold my breath under water like The Man From Atlantis

More info on the movie here.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 6:41 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, remakes are the next BIG thing and Col. Steve Austin gets a make-over in the remake of the Six Billion Dollar Man (due to be released in 2005).

He must have got the part for his teeth!
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 7:07 pm
You Are All Diseased

I've been sitting here thinking who would be better suited to the role.

What about Mark Wahlberg? He was good in Planet of The Apes.

I bet Lee Majors makes a camio appearance

Now, who is going to play Oscar Goldman?

#1 choice: Kevin Spacey.

Last edited by rincewind; Mar 23rd 2004 at 7:09 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 7:58 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Just hope they don't wreck it like they did with Starsky and Hutch.
Did anyone else have the Steve Austin action figure? It had rubber skin you could roll up so you could see the bionics and the magnifying eye!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 8:02 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

How about the Six Million Dollar WOMAN!!!!

Topping my list of ideal and not so ideal candidates are...

1) Anna Nicole - ditzy, trim, and Texas-size 'tude when she's ready to tussle!
2) Fergie - bionic woman with a toff accent!
3) Cameron Diaz or Charlize- show me a man that does not drool over these!

No way list....

1) Angelina Jolie - isn't she going off to be a pilot for the UN.
2) Halle Berry - groan
3) Scarlett Johansson - come in #9 your 15 minutes is up!
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 8:15 pm
You Are All Diseased

Originally posted by RoB1833
Just hope they don't wreck it like they did with Starsky and Hutch.
Did anyone else have the Steve Austin action figure? It had rubber skin you could roll up so you could see the bionics and the magnifying eye!!!
Yeah, that was cool!!

I had a rocket thing that opened up and became an operating table for the doll.

Man, toys were better when I was young
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:16 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, remakes are the next BIG thing and Col. Steve Austin gets a make-over in the remake of the Six Million Dollar Man (due to be released in 2005).

Edited because I thought Steve was worth 6 billion not 6 million.
That show was my all time fav. I even had the six million dollar man running tracksuit
Attached Thumbnails Guess who is to be the next Bionic Man?-bionic1.gif  
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:40 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Now I wish I still had my "Bionic Woman" dolly! I think we blew her up!