Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Grrrrr.....X-mas already

Wikiposts

Grrrrr.....X-mas already

Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:50 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Grrrrr.....X-mas already

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Here's a question....if Jesus was still alive, would he celebrate his Birthday and Christmas separately, you know separate wrapping paper or would he get them all in one go, bit of a pisser really. But there again if he was still alive, would we have easter eggs?
cant answer that one. But im pretty sure Easter would be cancelled.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

traceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to all

Here's a question....if Jesus was still alive, would he celebrate his Birthday and Christmas separately, you know separate wrapping paper or would he get them all in one go, bit of a pisser really. But there again if he was still alive, would we have easter eggs?

Easter eggs....can't seem to find those in the good old USofA. Maybe just not in Boston? I miss those huge Roses ones with all the little chocs inside!! Here I have to make do with marshmallow chickens that are glow in the dark yellow - peeps I think they're called!! And what about the price of Christmas crackers...when is someone going to open a good old Woolworths in the States?
Tracey
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:56 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceyparker1
Easter eggs....can't seem to find those in the good old USofA. Maybe just not in Boston? I miss those huge Roses ones with all the little chocs inside!! Here I have to make do with marshmallow chickens that are glow in the dark yellow - peeps I think they're called!! And what about the price of Christmas crackers...when is someone going to open a good old Woolworths in the States?
Tracey
Ummm Woolworths was American and they closed down, the UK one is an offshoot
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:59 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
At the mall in Bangor on Wednesday, and already there were 3 new holiday shops just for christmas....and Target, and a few other stores are already selling x-mas gear, along with fall decorations and halloween stuff...anyone else already got the x-mas bug?

I've not seen Christmas yet.........apart from in the Christmas Tree Shops.......we have a lot of Halloween ones......
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:03 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
If it makes you feel better, there's a woman down the road who's had five advent wreaths on her front door for at least a year. Two of them finally came down last month (or maybe the'yre just being weatherized).
It took me ages to find my chistmas decks last year..they were under 8 ft of snow..........
The candy canes were still lighting up...........we only noticed when more of the snow melted............
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:06 am
Re vera, potas bene.

Tracey
They sell them in the little Brit shop in Plymouth.......but they cost an arm and a leg...........

Woolworths are American.........and they closed a lot of them down..........
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

traceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to alltraceyparker1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by krizzy
They sell them in the little Brit shop in Plymouth.......but they cost an arm and a leg...........

Woolworths are American.........and they closed a lot of them down..........
Right, but I thought the US version of Woolworths was more of a department store (like Macy's)...I'm talking about the kind we have at home that sells cheap crap ( or at least it used to when I lived there). Just to walk in and see shelves to the ceiling stocked with Easter eggs......

Tracey
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:32 am
Re vera, potas bene.

Right, but I thought the US version of Woolworths was more of a department store (like Macy's)...I'm talking about the kind we have at home that sells cheap crap ( or at least it used to when I lived there). Just to walk in and see shelves to the ceiling stocked with Easter eggs......

Tracey
From what I remember..Woolworths in the USA were very much like in England.......they had a great little place to eat in most of them.......it was years ago when I last saw a WW in the USA I can't really remember it that well....
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:42 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
From what I remember..Woolworths in the USA were very much like in England.......they had a great little place to eat in most of them.......it was years ago when I last saw a WW in the USA I can't really remember it that well....
Woolworts became Woolco. The last remaining stores were bought out by Wally world in the 90's...no surprise there then Woolworths still trade as 'Foot Locker 'though

Last edited by gruffbrown; Oct 7th 2005 at 3:38 am.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

paul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of lightpaul_TX is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Costco has had their decorations for sale since the middle of last month and I walked into Fry's grocery store this week to be confronted by a large aluminated snowman. The best part about Christmas here, is most of the radio stations play Christmas music all day every day from the day after Thanksgiving to just after Christmas day. Oh the joy!

Ah, Christmas Music!....the BEST christmas song EVER is "Santa Claus you ****" by Kevin Wilson from Australia. Try and find it on Kazaa or Limewire, it's certainly worth a download. If you are at all offended by bad language then DON'T listen to it
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:06 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey
TK Maxx sell crackers at this time of year. About $16 last time I bought some, which ain't bad really.... about the same quality as a £10 box back in blighty.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:07 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paul_TX
Ah, Christmas Music!....the BEST christmas song EVER is "Santa Claus you ****" by Kevin Wilson from Australia. Try and find it on Kazaa or Limewire, it's certainly worth a download. If you are at all offended by bad language then DON'T listen to it
I do find religious language a bit offensive.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:13 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

He'd be down the pub celebrating his Birthday....
Or celebrating the pagan winter solstice!! It wasn't his birthday until the Catholic church decided it was a few centuries later.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by rushman
Or celebrating the pagan winter solstice!! It wasn't his birthday until the Catholic church decided it was a few centuries later.
That was nice of them
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:16 am
Account Closed

That was nice of them
Well he was a midget and unable to stand up for himself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.