Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Grrr...no more Pataks....

Grrr...no more Pataks....

Old Oct 27th 2005, 2:33 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grrr...no more Pataks....

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
That will be the curry then
Curry keeps you hot, or what?
Old Oct 27th 2005, 3:10 am
thingluvthing2ringfingIdo

thing1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nicething1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
It comes from the store where I get them, they said the importers where they got pataks from is not longer allowed to import a range of pataks products because the FDA are banning a range of the goods and it came about yesterday when they tried to re-order more goods.
I e-mailed the Pataks people to see if I could get something official from them on this subject. Will let y'all know what I hear if anything.

Last edited by thing1; Oct 27th 2005 at 3:10 am. Reason: typo correction
Old Oct 27th 2005, 6:08 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
If any of you pining for Pataks has Asian (aka Indian) grocery stores near you, it's worth popping in and searching for authentic Indian or Pakistani made products to replace the Pataks.
your lucky to have the option....and the spicy mango chutney is fantastic stuff
Old Oct 27th 2005, 6:10 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thing1
I e-mailed the Pataks people to see if I could get something official from them on this subject. Will let y'all know what I hear if anything.
well i hope it's only something really silly like the labels...would be ashame not to be able to get them otherwise...
Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the bland and boring New England food then. If its spicy burritos its ok then but not spicy curry.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 12:23 pm
Russell Beattie

rbtuk is just really nicerbtuk is just really nicerbtuk is just really nicerbtuk is just really nicerbtuk is just really nicerbtuk is just really nicerbtuk is just really nicerbtuk is just really nicerbtuk is just really nicerbtuk is just really nicerbtuk is just really nice

I was just wondering if the list referenced is infact import refusals for the companies of these products who are trying sell the products commercially OR is it a list of confiscated products from individuals entering the country.

Here in the Cleveland Ohio area "World Market" has some of the products mentioned for sale and the labelling is fine. Most of the products available in World Market are imported by a specific USA company and have been approved by the FDA.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 12:30 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't know the answer to that, the USA list is quite funny though....

Mayer Laboratories
Oakland, CA 94606-5315 LOS-DO 442-1852353-6/1/1
85H--IS 3 CONDOMS / 1 SET
06-SEP-2005 HOLES
Old Oct 28th 2005, 11:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

back to the pataks...the main grocery store in town, Hannafords/Shop N Save, well the shelves that had the Pataks had all the re-stock barcodes on the shelves scribbled out, and they won't be restocking when the stuff is sold out as well apparantly...all depends on what they can get, but basically it's looking like it's not worth the effort as they will be seriously limited in what they can get hold of to not make the imports worthwhile....

So anyone got any alternatives to look out for?
Old Oct 29th 2005, 12:50 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
back to the pataks...the main grocery store in town, Hannafords/Shop N Save, well the shelves that had the Pataks had all the re-stock barcodes on the shelves scribbled out, and they won't be restocking when the stuff is sold out as well apparantly...all depends on what they can get, but basically it's looking like it's not worth the effort as they will be seriously limited in what they can get hold of to not make the imports worthwhile....

So anyone got any alternatives to look out for?

Dear Bob:

Have you not seen this:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=Pataks

Old Oct 29th 2005, 1:02 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Elvira
Missed that...well I don't see all the threads ya know

Anyway, if that's the case, these stores in town will probably know in the next couple of weeks as they probably only order the pataks in every once in a while and they all have said the last time they tried they weren't able too...so that's pretty good news
Old Oct 29th 2005, 1:19 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Went for a curry this evening (wish they'd removed the skin off the goat) and popped into the grocery store next door. Not really paid much attention to it before but the store has a good selection of Pataks- chutneys, sauces.

It's interesting to see that you can now get a wide selection of frozen Indian meals nowadays. Guess it's a reflection of the fast paced life in the US. Wonder if such foods are as popular in India.

Now found that the grocery store sells tasty veggie samosas at 70c p/piece and they're available every day. Yum...

NC Penguin
Old Oct 29th 2005, 1:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Currently doing a Turkey Curry iusing one of my limited supply of M+S Curry Sauces.

Smuggles courtesy of my Mum.

I always thought Tinned/Jars were OK, must re-read the Customs crap next time.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 2:33 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Boiler

I always thought Tinned/Jars were OK, must re-read the Customs crap next time.
that tinned vindaloo from pataks, though not the best or the hottest, certainly was a hot hotter than I expected out of a can...lovely stuff

samosas would be good, but when i've seen them around here, they are way to expensive to buy...but have seen quite a few of those veggie curries in a bad type deal, not brave enough to try them though *l*
Old Oct 29th 2005, 2:34 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Personally, I prefered "Sharmans" curry products.
Old Oct 29th 2005, 2:45 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by rushman
Personally, I prefered "Sharmans" curry products.
you able to get them over here then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.