British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Grrr...no more Pataks.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/grrr-no-more-pataks-333800/)

Bob Oct 26th 2005 7:19 pm

Grrr...no more Pataks....

Apprantly the FDA have added Pataks to the list of things that can't be imported...the local Co-op was having a bit of a clearance of the stuff and trying to find a replacement, but apparantly most of the range of Pataks products won't be allowed to be imported anymore....

hmmm...somewhat gutted as I loved the spicy mango chutney...

Sarah Oct 26th 2005 7:22 pm

Re: Grrr...no more Pataks....

Originally Posted by Bob
Apprantly the FDA have added Pataks to the list of things that can't be imported...the local Co-op was having a bit of a clearance of the stuff and trying to find a replacement, but apparantly most of the range of Pataks products won't be allowed to be imported anymore....

BASTARDS!! No more Lime Pickle!! :mad:

mandpete Oct 26th 2005 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Bob

Where did you hear about this? I hope it's not true.

I will have to get myself off to Wegmans pretty damned quick and stockpile.

Chorlton Oct 26th 2005 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by mandpete
I will have to get myself off to Wegmans pretty damned quick and stockpile.

All this from a country that eats pigs feet.

thing1 Oct 26th 2005 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Bob

I went to the FDA website to see if I could find anything to support the above information and I found none. Until I see a news article or official statement at the FDA site stating there will be no more Pataks in the US, I won't be convinced this is true. I also went to the Pataks site and found no news there either.

Although Pataks is all we can get at the moment, I much prefer the flavor of Tiger Tiger products that we used to get at World Market. Sadly, we don't have a World Market anywhere near us where we are currently located.

Pigtails Oct 26th 2005 7:51 pm

Well, I don't know what the heck a Patak is, but sorry to hear your bad news! I know I'd throw a hissy if they stopped allowing Galaxy Bars!

Nia_Nia Oct 26th 2005 8:04 pm

Well thats pants isn't it?

Why on earth are the FDA banning it, Whats wrong with pataks?

nethead Oct 26th 2005 8:07 pm

nnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo, say it ain't so.

Weird coincidence sent the OH off to get some Pataks this morning from Weis and he came back with 3 jars as he couldn't decide what kind to get.

ladylisa Oct 26th 2005 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by nethead
nnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo, say it ain't so.

Weird coincidence sent the OH off to get some Pataks this morning from Weis and he came back with 3 jars as he couldn't decide what kind to get.

I bet you love him even more now

gruffbrown Oct 26th 2005 8:31 pm

Couldn't find Pataks, so it must be on this months list, seems I'm eating illegal pickled onions though :D It's surprising what is refused entry.

http://www.fda.gov/ora/oasis/ora_ref_cntry.html

jjmb Oct 26th 2005 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Couldn't find Pataks, so it must be on this months list, seems I'm eating illegal pickled onions though :D It's surprising what is refused entry.

http://www.fda.gov/ora/oasis/ora_ref_cntry.html

Interesting list....seems many of our favourites are going be out of reach..fanta. Orange barley water...heinz baked beans to name but a few.

gruffbrown Oct 26th 2005 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by jjmb
Interesting list....seems many of our favourites are going be out of reach..fanta. Orange barley water...heinz baked beans to name but a few.

It's ok to chuck 2lbs of red meat down your throat at a sitting, but you musn't have any colouring :rolleyes:

mandpete Oct 26th 2005 9:17 pm

Well after looking at the list there won't be much, if any, UK stuff to buy. :mad:

Couldn't find Patak's on the lists though. :)

bored-silly Oct 26th 2005 9:24 pm

What?? Baked beans?? I hope that's not true :o

Jan Alaska Oct 26th 2005 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Bob

thanks for the heads up Bob ... feel a trip coming on to fill up on curry pastes, chutneys etc. Bloody FDA Grrrrrrrrrrrrr