Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Gridiron season is upon us

Gridiron season is upon us

Old Sep 6th 2007, 3:27 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gridiron season is upon us

Awesome

Tomorrow night sees the start of the NFL and I for one can't wait.
Already got the season off to a great start with the college games at the weekend - nice to see the Fightin' Tarmacers of Notre Dame thrashed - looks like a long season for those guys.

Anyway, anyone else looking forward to this - really love the autumn with the footie and NFL getting into full swing.

Go Raiders
Old Sep 6th 2007, 3:33 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gridiron season is upon us

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Awesome

Already got the season off to a great start with the college games at the weekend - nice to see the Fightin' Tarmacers of Notre Dame thrashed - looks like a long season for those guys.

Anyway, anyone else looking forward to this - really love the autumn with the footie and NFL getting into full swing.

Go Raiders
Not so keen on watching it on TV, but I might learn. But I love high school football.
Go Panthers!
Old Sep 6th 2007, 3:33 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome

Go Raiders
I remember the distant days when Monday night Football was another excuse to go out on the piss with various Happy Hour specials on drinks.
I'm lucky enough to have been here long enough to remember when the great Joe Montana played, he was the best QB within (my) recent history.
LA also had 2 teams back then.......................
Old Sep 6th 2007, 3:35 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
I remember the distant days when Monday night Football was another excuse to go out on the piss with various Happy Hour specials on drinks.
Yeah - its a tad annoying that the pro games are on Sundays and Mondays as that kind of cuts down on drinking opportunities.
Still - might have to take further advantage of my employer's "work-from-home" policy to hit the bar on a few more occasions this season.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 4:18 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Go Detroit!!!

go get a quaterback
go get an offensive line
go get a GM whom is of sound mind
go get a clue
Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:34 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

F**k 'em all! With some luck, I'll be on skis by the end of the month....
Old Sep 6th 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Gridiron season is upon us

Awesome

Go Raiders
I couldn't give a blow on a Rag-Mans Trumpet about the NFL!

A bunch of Over-paid Nancy Boys, Padded up to the hilt with helmets and all sorts of Body-Amour..........Give me a Break!:curse:

I'd rather go and see and good game of Rugby Union, with the likes of J.P.R. Williams, Mervyn Davies and Gareth Edwards taking on England at Twickenham. (Living in the past I know, but, that's what Sportmanship was all about.....beat the hell out of someone on the field and then go for a drink with them afterwards).

Incidentally, I used to drive the Chicago Bears when their training camp was at Platteville, WI. Those irresponsible morons could trash a $400,000 Coach faster than a group of 5 year olds with ADHD!:curse:

Jim.

Last edited by Scouse Express; Sep 6th 2007 at 12:40 pm. Reason: Threw in the bit about Sportsmanship
Old Sep 6th 2007, 1:23 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Aaah American Football season. The sane person's cure for insomnia.

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
Incidentally, I used to drive the Chicago Bears when their training camp was at Platteville, WI. Those irresponsible morons could trash a $400,000 Coach faster than a group of 5 year olds with ADHD!:curse:

Jim.
Somehow that doesn't surprise me...
Old Sep 6th 2007, 1:36 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

LOVE IT !!!

I can't wait for this weekend....every Sunday we either grill steaks or make Tex-mex...all washed down with plenty of the golden liquid.

GO COWBOYS.

Its great to come home from work on a monday night and know there is something decent to watch, instead of the usual shite on T.V.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:35 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser
LOVE IT !!!

I can't wait for this weekend....every Sunday we either grill steaks or make Tex-mex...all washed down with plenty of the golden liquid.

GO COWBOYS.

Its great to come home from work on a monday night and know there is something decent to watch, instead of the usual shite on T.V.
Let's see if my GIANTS can kick it up a notch against you Cowboys this Sunday!

Definitely going to get tickets this year no matter how much they cost. I've been following football since Channel 4 started showing it back in 84...
Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:37 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser
...all washed down with plenty of the golden liquid.
You mean beer.....right?
Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:49 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
You mean beer.....right?
Either that or it's Monday night football, steaks and golden showers
Old Sep 6th 2007, 5:54 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ridski
Let's see if my GIANTS can kick it up a notch against you Cowboys this Sunday!

Definitely going to get tickets this year no matter how much they cost. I've been following football since Channel 4 started showing it back in 84...
Giants are in self-destruct mode at the moment....what with Tiki leaving, Strahans borderline retirement...and the wide receivers all bickering with the head coach. It will be an interesting game.

me too, I would always watch channel 4 on a sunday night, I was a Chicago Bears fan, mum and dad bought me a bears jersey with matching socks in 1985 for xmas.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 5:55 pm
Never right in the head!

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Either that or it's Monday night football, steaks and golden showers
um...I mean plenty of the Stella....not pee pee.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 9:09 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Yay, the RUGBY WORLD CUP STARTS TOMORROW...YAY!

I'd say Go Bucs, but I'm not supporting the team till they fire the coach.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.