British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Greetings from a Yank! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/greetings-yank-409504/)

Seahorse3 Nov 22nd 2006 1:58 am

Greetings from a Yank!

Hello all,
I happened upon this site several weeks ago at work. I have thoroughly
enjoyed reading the threads in all of the forums. I am not British or married to one so I hope I will be welcomed with open arms (or at least a handshake).
A few of the people I have particularly enjoyed include Elvira, the sophisticated matron. Ray, the sarcastic teddy bear. Jerseygirl, the British version of the soccer mom. Lionheart, the Englishman's man. Britvic the stern, and of course how could anyone not like Rushman the direct. These are all terms of endearment so please do not take offence. I believe I am the first person to join from Louisiana. And, before I get bombarded, I am not a redneck and I do have a passport. I am married with 3 children (a 7year old girl, 4year old boy and a 4month old boy). I work for a Biomedical Research center where there are many Expats. I just like reading how people not born in the US relate to the trials of every day life in America. There is both good and bad and sometimes awful, but it is home. Thanks guys.

Jerseygirl Nov 22nd 2006 3:01 am

Re: Greetings from a Yank!

Originally Posted by Seahorse3
Hello all,
enjoyed reading the threads in all of the forums. I am not British or married to one so I hope I will be welcomed with open arms (or at least a handshake).
A few of the people I have particularly enjoyed include Elvira, the sophisticated matron. Ray, the sarcastic teddy bear. Jerseygirl, the British version of the soccer mom. Lionheart, the Englishman's man. Britvic the stern, and of course how could anyone not like Rushman the direct. These are all terms of endearment so please do not take offence. I believe I am the first person to join from Louisiana. And, before I get bombarded, I am not a redneck and I do have a passport. I am married with 3 children (a 7year old girl, 4year old boy and a 4month old boy). I work for a Biomedical Research center where there are many Expats. I just like reading how people not born in the US relate to the trials of every day life in America. There is both good and bad and sometimes awful, but it is home. Thanks guys.

Hello there and welcome to BE. :)

I am curious....soccer mum? Plse explain....I need a laugh. :p

Seahorse3 Nov 22nd 2006 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello there and welcome to BE. :)

I am curious....soccer mum? Plse explain....I need a laugh. :p

Just reading your posts reminds me of a soccer mom. You seem very sensible and very organized.

Jerseygirl Nov 22nd 2006 3:06 am

Just reading your posts reminds me of a soccer mom. You seem very sensible and very organized.

Correct answer....you'll fit in nicely. ;)

Bob Nov 22nd 2006 3:13 am

Louisiana? That's a bit different then :D

Anyway, welcome to BE :)

britvic Nov 22nd 2006 3:44 am

Welcome to BE Seahorse :) Just take us with a pinch of salt, we do moan alot us Brit's, and talk about naughty stuff ;)

Ray Nov 22nd 2006 4:38 am

Originally Posted by britvic
Welcome to BE Seahorse :) Just take us with a pinch of salt, we do moan alot us Brit's, and talk about naughty stuff ;)

Vic..who is this ...........is she a challenge to partystar
in certain areas...........

Rushman Nov 22nd 2006 4:48 am

Hello all,

Not another bloody yank?? :rolleyes:

Rushman Nov 22nd 2006 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Correct answer....you'll fit in nicely. ;)

He was sucking up and he's already got you wrapped around his little finger you soppy cow.

Rushman Nov 22nd 2006 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Ray

I got the impression "she" was a "he". Probably a crossdresser.

Ray Nov 22nd 2006 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Rushman
I got the impression "she" was a "he". Probably a crossdresser.

No!! surely is a LA poontang

Rushman Nov 22nd 2006 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Ray
No!! surely is a LA poontang

Nah!! Started the OP with a "Hello All"...too masculine to be a female. A female would start with a cutesy but slighty submissive "Hi".
Definately a geezer.

EDIT: I thought "L.A Poontang" was a Rapper.

Ray Nov 22nd 2006 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Rushman
Nah!! Started the OP with a "Hello All"...too masculine to be a female. A female would start with a cutesy but slighty submissive "Hi".
Definately a geezer.

EDIT: I thought "L.A Poontang" was a Rapper.

LA as in Louisiana

britvic Nov 22nd 2006 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Ray

Morning me darling, I still think it's a female, nice we were mentioned though, she's sussed you out well :)

gardnma Nov 22nd 2006 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by britvic
Morning me darling, I still think it's a female, nice we were mentioned though, she's sussed you out well :)

"Britvic the stern"

Ahahahahahaah.

Would your name be Howard from now on then?