British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Greetings! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/greetings-407023/)

Lindsay Loo Brush Nov 9th 2006 10:48 am

Greetings!

Hello

Just a brief "Hi" from me...Im moving to Houston in 5 weeks with my husband, and will be moving in with the Out-laws :confused:

All very scary, terrifiying and overwhelming.... :)

Hope to chat and make friends on here..

Lindsay

DEE_UK Nov 9th 2006 10:53 am

Re: Greetings!

Originally Posted by Lindsay Loo Brush
Hello
All very scary, terrifiying and overwhelming.... :)
Lindsay

Are those feeling to do with moving in with the "out" laws, or just moving? :p

I flew from the UK to CA yesterday. Where are you moving from? I'm sure you'll make lots of friends here!

Lindsay Loo Brush Nov 9th 2006 11:05 am

Im moving frm Bradford to Houston, and yes, the feelings are for both :D

Manc Nov 9th 2006 12:44 pm

Im moving frm Bradford to Houston,

out of the frying pan...........

anabella Nov 9th 2006 12:54 pm

Im moving frm Bradford to Houston, and yes, the feelings are for both :D

I'm moving to CO next week to meet hubby (at last!) I'm a bit more lucky than you, I haven't even met my mother in law yet and I won't be meeting her in the near future (she lives in Florida)

Wishing you the best for your move..

Welcome to BE :beer:

Ray Nov 9th 2006 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by anabella
I'm moving to CO next week to meet hubby (at last!) I'm a bit more lucky than you, I haven't even met my mother in law yet and I won't be meeting her in the near future (she lives in Florida)

But if you visit her........ you could come to see me ....

anabella Nov 9th 2006 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
But if you visit her........ you could come to see me ....

I'd rather visit you than her.. she doen't seem very nice.. ;)

Ray Nov 9th 2006 1:07 pm

Nor am I really .............

DEE_UK Nov 9th 2006 1:10 pm

Anabella! My UK family base is not too far from Solihull! :) Anyway, if you are flying from Heathrow (as I did yesterday), when you go through security, you can only have one item of luggage! It maybe the same for Birmingham too - if you are flying from there! I had to squeeze my handbag into my holdall! I did not see the point, as I could not close the holdall zip! Once I got through security, I took my bag out of my holdall! I don't really understand the point. And neither was any time saved at security!

If you're a chocoholic, at the Heathrow duty free you can get 2 x 1kg of the giant Cadbury dairy milk for £7! I bought 4 in total!!! They make great presants! The Americans love them! The taste of British Cadburys is different to American Cadburys! Sainsburys sells the same for £4.98 for one!!!

Okay, I need some chocolate now!

anabella Nov 9th 2006 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by DEE_UK
Anabella! My UK family base is not too far from Solihull! :) Anyway, if you are flying from Heathrow (as I did yesterday), when you go through security, you can only have one item of luggage! It maybe the same for Birmingham too - if you are flying from there! I had to squeeze my handbag into my holdall! I did not see the point, as I could not close the holdall zip! Once I got through security, I took my bag out of my holdall! I don't really understand the point. And neither was any time saved at security!

If you're a chocoholic, at the Heathrow duty free you can get 2 x 1kg of the giant Cadbury dairy milk for £7! I bought 4 in total!!! They make great presants! The Americans love them! The taste of British Cadburys is different to American Cadburys! Sainsburys sells the same for £4.98 for one!!!

Okay, I need some chocolate now!

I only crave chocolat on long haul flights.. something to do with not being able to smoke I think, although I don't smoke any more :confused:

I'll follow your advise on that and get some lovely Cadbury's stuff..

Manc Nov 9th 2006 1:44 pm

At least you mother in law won't want to shag you......

anabella Nov 9th 2006 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
At least you mother in law won't want to shag you......

Lol!

hmmmmm... :rolleyes: you are right I don't think I have to worry about that..

Partystar Nov 9th 2006 2:52 pm

Welcome to BE! :)

:beer: :beer: :beer:

We have a few members living in Houston, we also have a few originally from Bradford!

Irn-bru Nov 9th 2006 2:58 pm

All the best but I hope it's just that you haven't seen your hubby for a while, not that you've never met him ;)

anabella Nov 9th 2006 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
All the best but I hope it's just that you haven't seen your hubby for a while, not that you've never met him ;)

Thank you darling

I managed to marry him so we were together at some point.. ;) we've been apart for 6 months, so I'm really looking forward to seeing him