British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Greenville, South Carolina (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/greenville-south-carolina-187635/)

Garyand Nam Oct 29th 2003 12:09 pm

Greenville, South Carolina

Hi

My wife, family and I are planning on moving to Greenville, South Carolina in the new year and we have LOADS of questions! is there anyone who currently lives in the area we can speak to?

Thanks

Gary and Naomi
:lecture:

NC Penguin Oct 29th 2003 12:20 pm

Re: Greenville, South Carolina

Originally posted by Garyand Nam
Hi

My wife, family and I are planning on moving to Greenville, South Carolina in the new year and we have LOADS of questions! is there anyone who currently lives in the area we can speak to?

Thanks

Gary and Naomi
:lecture:
Since this is a forum, it'd be good to share info.

What questions do you have?

I don't live in SC but there are members who live in SC who may be able to help.

You wouldn't happen to be moving to work for BMW, would you?

NC Penguin

BrigieDarling Oct 29th 2003 12:45 pm

Originally posted by NC Penguin

I don't live in SC but there are members who live in SC who may be able to help.

NC Penguin

I see where Sarah is going with this... I want one too please!

Garyand Nam Oct 29th 2003 2:26 pm

Originally posted by NC Penguin

NC Penguin
Well, where do I start.
We have 4 boys; 19,16,13 and 11. We don't understand the differences in the education system to judge what is best for our sons. Our 19 year old will stay in the UK as he is already in University but we are trying to help our 16 year old with the decisions he needs to make for his educational future. In the UK he has started his 6th form college and is studying for 5 'A' level GCSE's. There is no equivelant in the US it seems.
We need to decide on the schools we will use to help with the search for housing and therefore people who are in the area we felt would be valuable source of information, as they would also help us understand the cultural differences.
Health care is very important to us as well as one of my sons is a diabetic. Again, knowing the mechanics is not the same as hearing someone talk about the differences, pitfalls, and how best to use the US system.
The US tax system is a complete mystery!

I will not be working for BMW but a small, national service company in downtown

Thanks for your quick reply

Gary