Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Greencards - processing August 2001!

Greencards - processing August 2001!

Old Apr 27th 2004, 9:05 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Greencards - processing August 2001!

Hi guys,

My dad works in New Orleans, LA. Anyway he applied for his greencard in June last year expecting he would have it buy now. At the moment he is on a work visa which he has to renew every to years.

Anyway he thought he would have the Greencard by this June, turn out thats not the case. After getting the run around he managed to speak to someone and got told that they are currently processing Greencard applications for August 2001!!! So theres a good 2 year delay.

Hes now had to reapply for another 2 year work visa and pay $1000 for premium processing of his work visa so he can still legally work after June.

Just thought I'd share this story as some might find it useful/helpful interms of planning things.

Cheers

James
Old Apr 27th 2004, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Phoenix is still working on june 10th 2001!. Its going to be awhile before I get my green card.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 5:19 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I got my condition Green Card 2 months before it expired.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

suzieque is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by manc1976
I got my condition Green Card 2 months before it expired.

LOL....................

Quick question do renewed green cards take long, when I got my last one 10yrs ago I just went to Memphis and got it, I need to get my new one next year will it be a long process too?
Suzie
Old Apr 28th 2004, 2:23 am
Winter hyphenator

monster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud ofmonster has much to be proud of

Waited two years so far, it will be at least another two. It's a lot quicker if you're married to a USC. The rest of us are cash cows for the INS.

Not remotely bitter and twisted regards.....
Old Apr 28th 2004, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Phoenix is still working on june 10th 2001!. Its going to be awhile before I get my green card.
Ah, but when you do, you will enjoy it all the more.