Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Green Card - Do I Have A Problem?

Green Card - Do I Have A Problem?

Old Jul 11th 2006, 7:39 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Green Card - Do I Have A Problem?

I had my AOS interview last December, which was pretty easy, then I did'nt hear anything until May this year, when USCIS called me in for fingerprinting, and I still have'nt received my green card.

At my AOS interview the lady said they were still waiting to hear from the FBI about my name check, and my green card should be in the post within a month. She said nothing about my having to be fingerprinted or anything else.

Anyway, is this taking an unusually long time, considering I live in Florida? Do I have a problem?

Thanks

Alan
Old Jul 11th 2006, 9:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green Card - Do I Have A Problem?

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
I had my AOS interview last December, which was pretty easy, then I did'nt hear anything until May this year, when USCIS called me in for fingerprinting, and I still have'nt received my green card.

At my AOS interview the lady said they were still waiting to hear from the FBI about my name check, and my green card should be in the post within a month. She said nothing about my having to be fingerprinted or anything else.

Anyway, is this taking an unusually long time, considering I live in Florida? Do I have a problem?

Thanks

Alan
Fingerprinting is normal....a print is on the GC. We had our interview a few weeks after the prints were taken and our PP's were stamped after the interview. My GC arrived after a few weeks but my husbands got 'lost' in the mail....took several months to sort that out. Maybe they've stopped mailing them in envelopes with USCIS written across the top in large letters....may as well have 'please steal me' on too.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 12:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Fingerprinting is normal....a print is on the GC. We had our interview a few weeks after the prints were taken and our PP's were stamped after the interview. My GC arrived after a few weeks but my husbands got 'lost' in the mail....took several months to sort that out. Maybe they've stopped mailing them in envelopes with USCIS written across the top in large letters....may as well have 'please steal me' on too.

Actually when I said 'interview', we had a date and time to go to the USCIS office, we went into a room and then were called to the desk...a bit like the post office. Handed over our passports, they were then stamped, handed back and we were told our GC's would arrive in the next few weeks. That was it...our interview...although it was 8 yrs ago.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Actually when I said 'interview', we had a date and time to go to the USCIS office, we went into a room and then were called to the desk...a bit like the post office. Handed over our passports, they were then stamped, handed back and we were told our GC's would arrive in the next few weeks. That was it...our interview...although it was 8 yrs ago.
Jerseygirl had an appointment, not an interview.

As for the OP, the delay in getting the physical GC could be because of the volume of work at your local USCIS or even your name (if it contains a common first and last name).

When you had the fingerprinting appointment, were you not told how long it might take to get your GC? I think staff may say that you could wait up to three months for the card but I don't know if that's "true" nationwide.

Maybe you can make an INFOPASS appointment to enquire about your GC?
Old Jul 11th 2006, 12:52 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

So they didn't put a one-year pseudo-green card stamp in your passport, eh? You might want to follow up on it.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 12:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Celsius
Jerseygirl had an appointment, not an interview.

As for the OP, the delay in getting the physical GC could be because of the volume of work at your local USCIS or even your name (if it contains a common first and last name).

When you had the fingerprinting appointment, were you not told how long it might take to get your GC? I think staff may say that you could wait up to three months for the card but I don't know if that's "true" nationwide.

Maybe you can make an INFOPASS appointment to enquire about your GC?

Ah ha...yes that sounds more like it...thought it must have been 'the interview' that everyone seems to have had. In that case we didn't have an interview just an appointment...why didn't we have an interview?
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:41 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

If you had your AOS interview ...and you had your full set of prints taken within the last 15 months ..Then you are just waiting for security check ..
can take a month or even 2 years... Its just a waiting game ..
Infopass after 9 months ...
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
I had my AOS interview last December,.....then I did'nt hear anything until May this year, .....called me in for fingerprinting.... I still have'nt received my green card.

...they were still waiting to hear from the FBI about my name check....She said nothing about my having to be fingerprinted or anything else.

Thanks

Alan
Maybe they read some of your more left wing-esque, save the planet, anti-republican posts on here and even now are rounding up the anti-commie squad to come and get you.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:59 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Maybe they read some of your more left wing-esque, save the planet, anti-republican posts on here and even now are rounding up the anti-commie squad to come and get you.
Not forgetting the badge collection ...
I still have a Met pol pin badge sitting here for him ...
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
Not forgetting the badge collection ...
I still have a Met pol pin badge sitting here for him ...

I head the local sheriff had something waiting for him too...
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:01 pm
Ray

Good guy ..Bob White .....
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Good guy ..Bob White .....
Wouldnt want to piss him off though
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:08 pm
Ray

Wouldnt want to piss him off though
At least he is a real cop ..not a bloody politician ..like the last few ...
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
At least he is a real cop ..not a bloody politician ..like the last few ...
Thats very true...an actual thief taker. Makes a pleasant change.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:37 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Green Card - Do I Have A Problem?

Already got the pasco county sheriff one.

Bob was nice, met him personally.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.