Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Greatest American?

Greatest American?

Old Jun 17th 2003, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Greatest American?

Its a sad day across the pond after this result

Homer Simpson, the lovable head of the Simpson family, has been nominated the greatest American ever in an online poll ahead of the BBC-led global debate, What the World Thinks of America.

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/progr...ta/2997144.stm

And he won it with 47% of the vote!

Does that make the greatest ever Brit, Benny Hill?. And speaking of Benny Hill, I see Bill Clinton got just over 3%.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 4:54 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greatest American?

Originally posted by Pimpbot

Homer Simpson, the lovable head of the Simpson family, has been nominated the greatest American ever in an online poll ahead of the BBC-led global debate, What the World Thinks of America.

Does that make the greatest ever Brit, Benny Hill?. And speaking of Benny Hill, I see Bill Clinton got just over 3%.

You know, I have a feeling that if it were solely American voting for the same selection, Homer Simpson may well have come out as the favourite too!

NC Penguin
Old Jun 17th 2003, 5:58 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pimpbot

He has a job, a house, loves his family, goes to church on Sunday, is over weight, not very bright and resorts to violence to solve disputes - he is the embodyment of the american dream. What did GW ever do, the little bastard went round chopping down cherry trees, in England we would call him a vandal!

As for MLK, if I started telling you about the dreams I have they would lock me up! As for Lincoln well I think his cars are crap! Thomas Jefferson, wasn't he married to Weasy! I am surprised Bill Gates, Martha Stewart and Seabiscuit didn't make the list

Seriously though where are the great Americans Buzz Aldren, Neil Armstrong, the Duke (both Ellington and JW), Blind Lemon Pie, the Bird, Fred Astaire, Patton and McArthur

Patrick
Old Jun 17th 2003, 6:19 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Patrick
What did GW ever do, the little bastard went round chopping down cherry trees, in England we would call him a vandal!

As for MLK, if I started telling you about the dreams I have they would lock me up! As for Lincoln well I think his cars are crap! Thomas Jefferson, wasn't he married to Weasy! I am surprised Bill Gates, Martha Stewart and Seabiscuit didn't make the list

Patrick
ROFLMAO. Sorry folks. I don't think we should let Patrick get away with this, but I have to admit I did have more than a giggle at how he expresses himself <sorry, I still can't stop laughing. Please don't ask me which one I thought was the funniest>

Last edited by Ranjini; Jun 17th 2003 at 6:50 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

John Wilkes Booth, Charles Guiteau, Leon Colgocz get my vote for the top 3 of all time !