Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

this is great , try it

this is great , try it

Old Mar 24th 2004, 7:43 pm
Ralph Nadar

Default this is great , try it

EASY ENCHILADA RECIPIE

USE ONLY OLD EL PASO BRAND ENCHILADA SAUCE.

SIMPLY LAYER BROWNED HAMBURGER AND CORN TORTILLA PIECES AND CHEESE IN A PAN.

POUR ONLY OLD ELPASO BRAND ENCHILADA SAUCE ON THE LAYERS.

BAKE ABOUT AN HOUR ON 350.

YOU CAN ADD MORE CHEESE ON TOP AT THE END ALSO.

TRY IT!

Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:31 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: this is great , try it

Have you lost your ever loving mind?

Originally posted by Ralph Nadar
EASY ENCHILADA RECIPIE

USE ONLY OLD EL PASO BRAND ENCHILADA SAUCE.

SIMPLY LAYER BROWNED HAMBURGER AND CORN TORTILLA PIECES AND CHEESE IN A PAN.

POUR ONLY OLD ELPASO BRAND ENCHILADA SAUCE ON THE LAYERS.

BAKE ABOUT AN HOUR ON 350.

YOU CAN ADD MORE CHEESE ON TOP AT THE END ALSO.

TRY IT!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:37 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

OK, here is a recipe for you (MattMann's IPA-BOMB, 5 gallon batch).

15 lbs. of 2 row malted barley
1.5 lbs. of crystal 50-60 Lovibond malt
½ lb. Carapils or Honey Malt

Mash this at 155 degrees for 60 minutes. Sparge with 5 gallons of 180 degree water. Take the wort (hot liquor) after sparging and place your cook pot on the stove and bring to a rolling boil for 60 minutes.

Add 1 oz Chinook hops at the beginning of the boil. Add 1 oz of Centennial and 1 oz of Cascade hops at the finish of the boil. Cool to around 70 degrees and pitch some Wyeast 1056 brewers yeast. Put it in your primary fermentor and let it do it's thing for a week or so (or until you no longer see any action in your air lock). Move the ale to your secondary fermentor (brite tank), and then dry hop with 1 more oz of Centennial and 1 more oz of Cascade hops. Let it dry hop for a few weeks.

Move ale to your priming bucket, add 3.5 oz of dextrose (brewers sugar), stir and put in bottles. Cap bottles, and they should be ready to drink in a couple of weeks.

I have 5 gallons of this ready to go myself, and I'll be bottling it tonight or tomorrow night for competition in this year's AHA nationals (entries due in Mid April).

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Mar 24th 2004 at 8:53 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:44 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Matt,

Good luck in the competition, and save yourself a few bottles to celebrate with.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
OK, here is a recipe for you (MattMann's IPA-BOMB).

I have 5 gallons of this ready to go myself, and I'll be bottling it tonight or tomorrow night for competition in this year's AHA nationals (entries due in Mid April).
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:51 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Mash this at 155 degrees for 60 minutes. Sparge with 5 gallons of 180 degree water. Take the wort (hot liquor) after sparging and place your cook pot on the stove and bring to a rolling boil for 60 minutes.

Add 1 oz Chinook hops at the beginning of the boil. Add 1 oz of Centennial and 1 oz of Cascade hops at the finish of the boil. Cool to around 70 degrees and pitch some Wyeast 1056 brewers yeast. Put it in your primary fermentor and let it do it's thing for a week or so (or until you no longer see any action in your air lock). Move the ale to your secondary fermentor (brite tank), and then dry hop with 1 more oz of Centennial and 1 more oz of Cascade hops. Let it dry hop for a few weeks.

Move ale to your priming bucket, add 3.5 oz of dextrose (brewers sugar), stir and put in bottles. Cap bottles, and they should be ready to drink in a couple of weeks.

Good Luck!!
Go Mathew Go Mathew Go!!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:53 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
Matt,

Good luck in the competition, and save yourself a few bottles to celebrate with.

Regards, JEff
Thank's JEff. Actually, I have more hope for a barleywine (Old Smokey) that I bottled up last week (actually brewed it around 7 to 8 months ago, and its now aged long enough to be ready to go). It is "very" good in my opinion (is a recipe from a friend of mine, Tom Wolf, who originally named it after his dog, Smokey).

I took first place in the barleywine category for the entire U.S. and Canada last year at the AHA nationals, so I'm trying to defend my title (however the odds of lightning striking twice in a row are very long indeed as I'm competing against "hundreds" of other barleywine brewers from across the U.S. and Canada).
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

When you guys get together I bring the sauce piquant...hehehe

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lpdiver
When you guys get together I bring the sauce piquant...hehehe
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:56 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Good Luck!!
Go Mathew Go Mathew Go!!
(drinks first bottle)... going. (drinks second bottle)... going. (drinks third bottle)... gone!

Thanks hyper.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:57 pm

(drinks first bottle)... going. (drinks second bottle)... going. (drinks third bottle)... gone!

Thanks hyper.

Not too quick!!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Careful there buddy don't wanna be charged with PLUI do you?

Thanks hyper.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:06 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Practicing law under the influence??

I have a friend who's husband bought a homemade beer kit thingy. He mixed it up and put it in their basement to age. Being the helpful souls that we are, my friend and I kept sneaking down there to "test" it. He wasn't amused.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:07 pm
WTF?

That's better than UPLUI. Which is exactly what you were just doing in another thread!!
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:11 pm
Banned

PLUI, UPLUI… I'm so confused :-).

In case you want to see the results of last year's AHA nationals, see the URL below and see category 12.
http://www.beertown.org/events/nhc/winners03.html

I also recently took my first "best of show" at a local competition here in So. Cal. They awarded a very nice engraved mug. I took it for a barleywine as well, however it was a "different" batch of barleywine than the one that did well at AHA last year.
http://strandbrewers.org/pbc/results.htm

Beer making is a very fun hobby, and I'm currently learning (will be making my first batch soon) how to make my own cheese.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:18 pm
WTF?

Beer making is a very fun hobby, and I'm currently learning (will be making my first batch soon) how to make my own cheese.
Do you name your beer? We named my friend's beer Bob (for 'Bag Of Beer'). It actually got pretty racy. "Let's go taste Bob....." etc. (use your imagination).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.