British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   great joke to play at locals expense (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/great-joke-play-locals-expense-410473/)

angelman Nov 27th 2006 11:17 pm

great joke to play at locals expense

i just found a new pastime..
try flicking v signs (rude ones that is) at random people.. its great.. it has not meaning and in my pathetic childlike mind i am getting my own back for all the evil in the world.. or something like that.
neveer realised that americans have no clue what a rude v sign is..

paddingtongreen Nov 29th 2006 2:29 pm

Re: great joke to play at locals expense

Originally Posted by angelman
try flicking v signs (rude ones that is) at random people.. its great.. it has not meaning and in my pathetic childlike mind i am getting my own back for all the evil in the world.. or something like that.

Pathetic.

AmerLisa Nov 29th 2006 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Pathetic.

To say the least..... :rolleyes:

Pony Nov 29th 2006 4:10 pm

Why you would choose to do this is puzzling, and why you would choose to share the fact that you would choose to do this is equally puzzling.

CA has a very large population of British expats, you may think carefully about how you decide who is not British.

:confused:

gardnma Nov 29th 2006 4:30 pm

That was funny for the first 10 minutes over here. :D
May I suggest you try more subtle ways to offend the natives like:

Ignoring them
Claiming Clinton was a great President
Mentioning the Vietnam War
Informing them the Irish don't eat corned beef and really dislike Americans

........it goes on and on and on and on................... :rolleyes:

Titchski Nov 29th 2006 4:45 pm

I prefer to educate Americans into swearing properly. My last two workplaces are still reverberating to the sounds of "You no bollocked bleeder" and "Oy, Gitface, pass the cordless drill".

It's a small addition to the otherwise hum drum lives of Americans, but I feel a warm glow whenever an ex workmate of mine calls me up and starts the conversation with "Hey ya big wanker, how are ya?" :D

BigDavyG Nov 29th 2006 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Titchski
I prefer to educate Americans into swearing properly. My last two workplaces are still reverberating to the sounds of "You no bollocked bleeder" and "Oy, Gitface, pass the cordless drill".

It's a small addition to the otherwise hum drum lives of Americans, but I feel a warm glow whenever an ex workmate of mine calls me up and starts the conversation with "Hey ya big wanker, how are ya?" :D

I like to use the phrase 'wankdog' quite a lot.

Maz Nov 29th 2006 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I like to use the phrase 'wankdog' quite a lot.

I've educated enough colleagues and friends now that I'm no longer being asked "what's a bollock?". :D

Bob Nov 29th 2006 5:08 pm

People have guns out here and you might meet Ray :D

I just call everyone slags, don't have a clue, but they love it :D

Ray Nov 29th 2006 7:40 pm

Umm ..you don't like your head on your shoulders do you ...

Ray Nov 29th 2006 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by Maz
I've educated enough colleagues and friends now that I'm no longer being asked "what's a bollock?". :D

Its bollocks ..as in plural ....have a feel around the old man later ..

Maz Nov 29th 2006 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Its bollocks ..as in plural ....have a feel around the old man later ..

Um... yes thank you dearie. :p I knew that already. ;) I've been busy educating the locals though. They're ever so grateful. ;)

Leslie Nov 29th 2006 9:21 pm

Sounds absolutely titillating.

angelman Nov 29th 2006 9:42 pm

well ok its childish.. it amused me for a couple of minutes..
on a similarly childish note I wondered what you could get away with creating your own license plate. In CA at least you can have whatever combination of letters and numbers that you like as long as they are not already in use or profane..
I am sure I saw a license plate the other day that read wnker... I wonder what uk words could be used and still get past the dmv censors..

I guess I am just a child at heart...

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Sounds absolutely titillating.

AmerLisa Nov 29th 2006 10:39 pm

well ok its childish.. it amused me for a couple of minutes..
on a similarly childish note I wondered what you could get away with creating your own license plate. In CA at least you can have whatever combination of letters and numbers that you like as long as they are not already in use or profane..
I am sure I saw a license plate the other day that read wnker... I wonder what uk words could be used and still get past the dmv censors..

I guess I am just a child at heart...

Ask Lionheart - I think he's got a "special" license plate. :D