British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Be grateful for the NHS! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/grateful-nhs-748704/)

Bob Feb 17th 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Be grateful for the NHS!

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 9907089)
Ah and I never got a chance to berate him on his shite composition skills :(

Well you still can...the threads not been closed after all :p

SultanOfSwing Feb 17th 2012 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 9907103)
Well you still can...the threads not been closed after all :p

It's not as much fun when they can't come back and make a poor attempt at a comeback before I slice them in half with my rapier-like wit.

Trolls are like buses though, there'll always be another one along in a minute :)

Jerseygirl Feb 17th 2012 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 9907106)
It's not as much fun when they can't come back and make a poor attempt at a comeback before I slice them in half with my rapier-like wit.

Trolls are like buses though, there'll always be another one along in a minute :)

It's usually the same bus though. :D

SultanOfSwing Feb 17th 2012 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 9907111)
It's usually the same bus though. :D

Not the same bus but they're always the same length :whistle:

Ozzidoc Feb 17th 2012 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by ukmedic (Post 9905925)
joined the forum a few weeks ago but this thread doesnt seem real every system has pros and cons if any country had magic formula for health they would all adopt it!!

ukmedic - I can't reply to your message as you've elected to not receive private emails/messages.

Are you on DNUK? If so, email me there - I'm easy to find!

Jerseygirl Feb 17th 2012 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 9907273)
ukmedic - I can't reply to your message as you've elected to not receive private emails/messages.

Be careful what you wish for. He was the troll's alter ego...both have been banned.

SultanOfSwing Feb 17th 2012 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 9907273)

More importantly - did your little girl have a nice second birthday yesterday? :)

Ozzidoc Feb 17th 2012 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 9907394)
Be careful what you wish for. He was the troll's alter ego...both have been banned.

Aha. OK. Thanks.

Ozzidoc Feb 17th 2012 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing (Post 9907397)
More importantly - did your little girl have a nice second birthday yesterday? :)

Yes, Millie sure did. Her gifts include a Rosie train (from the Thomas the Tank series), a plastic tea set and a fire truck. She was so excited, although a bit concerned about the candle/fire on her (breakfast-time!) birthday chocolate muffin :)

And Sydney??

arselona Feb 17th 2012 6:01 pm

hi all been silent watcher took the plunge and joined both systems too different to compare.
No system perfect.

Variety is spice of life!!
Dan

SultanOfSwing Feb 17th 2012 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 9907550)
Yes, Millie sure did. Her gifts include a Rosie train (from the Thomas the Tank series), a plastic tea set and a fire truck. She was so excited, although a bit concerned about the candle/fire on her (breakfast-time!) birthday chocolate muffin :)

And Sydney??

She had a lovely day - she spent the morning in work with me, where one of my colleagues gave her a donut and a pair of helium balloons (that she went to sleep holding on to last night) and then we met her mum for lunch and she spent the rest of the day with her.

When I got home she set about getting covered in the bright pink and blue icing from the cake I bought her :D

She hasn't had all her presents yet because I'm so busy with gigs this month it is hard to find a day where we can get everyone over for a party. Lots of dosh from my parents though, as usual ...

SultanOfSwing Feb 17th 2012 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by arselona (Post 9907552)
hi all been silent watcher took the plunge and joined both systems too different to compare.
No system perfect.

Dan

Wouldn't Barcenal have been a better way to combine the names of your two favourite teams?

Jerseygirl Feb 17th 2012 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by arselona (Post 9907552)
No system perfect.

Dan

I wonder what the NHS policy is regarding their employees using their resources and time to troll internet forums?

Sally Redux Feb 17th 2012 6:34 pm

WTF makes someone want to do this :confused:

Jerseygirl Feb 17th 2012 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 9907597)
WTF makes someone want to do this :confused:

Someone who is trolling at the British taxpayers expense.