Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Got my Texas Driving Licence !

Got my Texas Driving Licence !

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 4:24 pm
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of
Default Got my Texas Driving Licence !

Though some of you'd like to know....

In reference to the thread sometime ago....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...rivers+licence

I finally got round to getting my Texas Driving licence yesterday !

Took the computer test and got 80% without doing any studying at all then got the last open slot on the day for the driving "test"... reverse park between 2 poles that were 2 car lengths apart then driving round the block... passed easy !

The bloke before me turned up in a friggin' long-wheel-base truck... you know the one with the four tyres on the back ? He hit BOTH poles on the reverse park then gave me evils in my Jeep Wrangler !
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 4:59 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got my Texas Driving Licence !

Originally Posted by Richardowen

Took the computer test and got 80% without doing any studying at all then got the last open slot on the day for the driving "test"... reverse park between 2 poles that were 2 car lengths apart then driving round the block... passed easy !

The bloke before me turned up in a friggin' long-wheel-base truck... you know the one with the four tyres on the back ? He hit BOTH poles on the reverse park then gave me evils in my Jeep Wrangler !

Congrats. I got my michigan license last thursday and the test was only slightly more difficult. I also passed the written section of the test without ever having studied up. In fact, it was such a joke that I thought it was only designed to make sure you could speak english. That said, there were a bunch of Japanese students there who didn't speak english and everytime they failed the test, the woman at the secretary of state circled the correct answer and sent them back to do it again.

The actual driving test consisted of reversing into a spot, paralell parking and driving around for 20 minutes, town and highway. You get twenty five mistake before they fail you though so it was no biggy. Anyway, well done, congrats and see you on the open road ha ha.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

The truck with the four rear wheels is called a 'dually' here in Texas. It's designed to haul a one ton load without blowing the tires. I took my test (probably at the same place as you) in a big-ass truck, stick shift at that. I aced the test but the trooper docked me a point for failing to check my mirrors when pulling out from the parallel parking exercise. "But we're in the middle of an empty parking lot between two cones!" I protested, but to no avail. Anyone, still drove off with the license. (US spelling, I know, I know, but I've been here so long ...).

Congrats on passing, btw.

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 6:39 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

computer test eh very posh in austin, pencil and paper jobbie when i took mine here

congrats anyway
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 6:57 pm
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TruBrit
computer test eh very posh in austin, pencil and paper jobbie when i took mine here

congrats anyway
Cheers !
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 7:29 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

now now TruBrit, things have progressed since you sat your test. Its no longer like this:

(The 3 ladies in the back still work at DPS)

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 7:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Texas_Dave
now now TruBrit, things have progressed since you sat your test. Its no longer like this:

(The 3 ladies in the back still work at DPS)

omg i really would be mental if i'd been living here all those years
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 7:39 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Silly Sod

The actual driving test consisted of reversing into a spot, paralell parking and driving around for 20 minutes, town and highway. You get twenty five mistake before they fail you though so it was no biggy. Anyway, well done, congrats and see you on the open road ha ha.
You poor sod...
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 7:41 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

omg i really would be mental if i'd been living here all those years
Senile probably, after all, you'd be 150 or something by now...

Here in FL you can do your test online without even leaving the comfort of your own home....how's about them apples? We've come so far in this state since the pregnant chad fiasco
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Senile probably, after all, you'd be 150 or something by now...

Here in FL you can do your test online without even leaving the comfort of your own home ....how's about them apples? We've come so far in this state since the pregnant chad fiasco
written part yeah but surely not the driving part
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:37 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

Driving too, see here:

Florida Online Driving Exam

written part yeah but surely not the driving part
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Rich!

And thanks for your pm btw.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:18 pm
'mon the cowboys

texas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! Whilst it's not exactly challenging, I found it to be a bit of a weight off, and one less bloody thing to do.

Texas Mom - take note!

C
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Well done.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

Britgal is an unknown quantity at this point

Excuse my dippyness - Texas Mom - can you help - how do I start my own thread?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.