Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Got my K3, what's in the envelope ?

Got my K3, what's in the envelope ?

Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:10 pm
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of
Default Got my K3, what's in the envelope ?

Hey,

I got my K3 Visa ( yay! ) and it arrived with a manilla envelope that I have to not open and give to immigration on arrival.

I'm now obsesed with this envelope and have locked it away so I don't open it in a drunken rage. I know that it's probably just copies of the information I've provided but it's driving me MAD Does anyone know what's in there for sure and what to expect when I land ? I'm a comin' on the 14th December.... WOW !

Out of interest, my experience at the london Embassy was really painless, just 2 visits to a window, a couple of questions and job done, even had my passport back via courier the next day.

Easy
Rich./
Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:13 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got my K3, what's in the envelope ?

Originally Posted by Richardowen
Hey,

I got my K3 Visa ( yay! ) and it arrived with a manilla envelope that I have to not open and give to immigration on arrival.

At the British Airways Counter

"Hello Sir, did you pack all this yourself, Did anyone ask you to bring on the plane with you"

"well.......yes..............erm.............t he US government"
Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:15 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It's just all your paperwork pretty much, you hand it over and that's it...pretty painless
Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:31 pm

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Manc
At the British Airways Counter

"Hello Sir, did you pack all this yourself, Did anyone ask you to bring on the plane with you"

"well.......yes..............erm.............t he US government"

OMG - I didn't even think about that.... :scared:
Old Nov 20th 2006, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
It's just all your paperwork pretty much, you hand it over and that's it...pretty painless
Cheers !
Old Nov 20th 2006, 6:14 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

OMG - I didn't even think about that.... :scared:
Don't forget the part about them x-raying your x-ray. If you ask them nicely they will bomb sniff it instead.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 6:14 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know what's in there for sure and what to expect when I land ?
If you are really unlucky, you may had got the disgruntled employee who filled it full of a suspicious yellow powder.

Well, that's what I would have done anyway
Old Nov 20th 2006, 6:42 pm
redneck scouser

andie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,

I'm now obsesed with this envelope and have locked it away so I don't open it in a drunken rage. I know that it's probably just copies of the information I've provided but it's driving me MAD Does anyone know what's in there for sure and what to expect when I land ? I'm a comin' on the 14th December.... WOW !

Out of interest, my experience at the london Embassy was really painless, just 2 visits to a window, a couple of questions and job done, even had my passport back via courier the next day.

Easy
Rich./
Snap!

I got my manilla envelope last week too! It is too driving me mad.

I had a fairly painless interview too, just the 2 trips to the window over 30 mins inside the building and the visa arrived by courier the next day. I was at the London Consulate on Wednesday 15th November. When was yours? Did you have to wait outside in a queue for 2 hours too?
Old Nov 20th 2006, 6:44 pm
redneck scouser

andie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andie&jase
Snap!

I got my manilla envelope last week too! It is too driving me mad.

I had a fairly painless interview too, just the 2 trips to the window over 30 mins inside the building and the visa arrived by courier the next day. I was at the London Consulate on Wednesday 15th November. When was yours? Did you have to wait outside in a queue for 2 hours too?
How many times did I just use the word "too" in that reply! lmao
Old Nov 20th 2006, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andie&jase
How many times did I just use the word "too" in that reply! lmao
too many... oh come on, everyone was thinking it..