British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Got my K3, what's in the envelope ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/got-my-k3-whats-envelope-409229/)

Richardowen Nov 20th 2006 5:10 pm

Got my K3, what's in the envelope ?

Hey,

I got my K3 Visa ( yay! ) and it arrived with a manilla envelope that I have to not open and give to immigration on arrival.

I'm now obsesed with this envelope and have locked it away so I don't open it in a drunken rage. I know that it's probably just copies of the information I've provided but it's driving me MAD :eek: Does anyone know what's in there for sure and what to expect when I land ? I'm a comin' on the 14th December.... WOW !

Out of interest, my experience at the london Embassy was really painless, just 2 visits to a window, a couple of questions and job done, even had my passport back via courier the next day.

Easy
Rich./

Manc Nov 20th 2006 5:13 pm

Re: Got my K3, what's in the envelope ?

Originally Posted by Richardowen
Hey,

I got my K3 Visa ( yay! ) and it arrived with a manilla envelope that I have to not open and give to immigration on arrival.

At the British Airways Counter

"Hello Sir, did you pack all this yourself, Did anyone ask you to bring on the plane with you"

"well.......yes..............erm.............t he US government"

Bob Nov 20th 2006 5:15 pm

It's just all your paperwork pretty much, you hand it over and that's it...pretty painless :D

Richardowen Nov 20th 2006 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Manc
At the British Airways Counter

"Hello Sir, did you pack all this yourself, Did anyone ask you to bring on the plane with you"

"well.......yes..............erm.............t he US government"

OMG - I didn't even think about that.... :scared:

Richardowen Nov 20th 2006 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
It's just all your paperwork pretty much, you hand it over and that's it...pretty painless :D

Cheers !

dan_alford Nov 20th 2006 6:14 pm

OMG - I didn't even think about that.... :scared:

Don't forget the part about them x-raying your x-ray. If you ask them nicely they will bomb sniff it instead.

rincewind Nov 20th 2006 6:14 pm

Does anyone know what's in there for sure and what to expect when I land ?

If you are really unlucky, you may had got the disgruntled employee who filled it full of a suspicious yellow powder.

Well, that's what I would have done anyway :D

andie&jase Nov 20th 2006 6:42 pm

Hey,

I'm now obsesed with this envelope and have locked it away so I don't open it in a drunken rage. I know that it's probably just copies of the information I've provided but it's driving me MAD :eek: Does anyone know what's in there for sure and what to expect when I land ? I'm a comin' on the 14th December.... WOW !

Out of interest, my experience at the london Embassy was really painless, just 2 visits to a window, a couple of questions and job done, even had my passport back via courier the next day.

Easy
Rich./

Snap!

I got my manilla envelope last week too! It is too driving me mad.

I had a fairly painless interview too, just the 2 trips to the window over 30 mins inside the building and the visa arrived by courier the next day. I was at the London Consulate on Wednesday 15th November. When was yours? Did you have to wait outside in a queue for 2 hours too?

andie&jase Nov 20th 2006 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by andie&jase
Snap!

I got my manilla envelope last week too! It is too driving me mad.

I had a fairly painless interview too, just the 2 trips to the window over 30 mins inside the building and the visa arrived by courier the next day. I was at the London Consulate on Wednesday 15th November. When was yours? Did you have to wait outside in a queue for 2 hours too?

How many times did I just use the word "too" in that reply! lmao

gsnichol Nov 20th 2006 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by andie&jase
How many times did I just use the word "too" in that reply! lmao

too many... oh come on, everyone was thinking it.. :D