Got k-1 visa in Rio!!!!

Wikiposts

Got k-1 visa in Rio!!!!

Old Apr 18th 2002, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Marcela is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got k-1 visa in Rio!!!!

Hi All!

I had my k-1 interview at the consulate in Rio yesterday, here are some details about it:

I arrived at the consulate about 8am and I was told to go upstairs and wait to be called.
I was called for the interview about 11:30am.

The lady called me to check my documents and saw that everything was right. Then she
asked me to wait for the consul to call me and after some time he did.

I went to his room, I had to talk to him through bullet-proof glass. After exchanging some
words, I asked him if I could speak in English (his accent was so hard to understand).
The consul was so nice to me. I spoke more than I should and he liked that.

After some questions and about 10 minutes of friendly talking, he gave me a big smile and
wished me all the best. I gave him another big smile and he told me to come back in 3 hours
to get my passport with the visa! He even didn't ask to see my proof of relationship! (I had a bag full
of it!!!!). Wow! It was so simple.... I was so nervous!
Most of the people were leaving his room without a positive answer and I was thinking that I would be
just another denial. I was afraid but I prayed and God gave me confidence.

At 3 pm I got the visa and the famous brown envelope.
I already have my plane tickets bought. I am so happy!!!! I will see my "querido" again!
Leaving Brazil in 2 weeks!
Getting married in 2 months!

Thank you all for everything!
Old Apr 19th 2002, 12:40 am
Simone

Default Re: Got k-1 visa in Rio!!!!

Parabéns, Marcela!!!!

Fico muito feliz que você tenha conseguido. Eu e o Mike vamos nos casar em outubro,
aqui no Brasil, e fazer a DFC no Rio. Já fico nervosa só de pensar

Boa sorte na sua nova vida de casada !!!

Abraços,

Simone

Marcela <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi All!
    >
    > I had my k-1 interview at the consulate in Rio yesterday, here are some details
    > about it:
    >
    > I arrived at the consulate about 8am and I was told to go upstairs and wait to be
    > called. I was called for the interview about 11:30am.
    >
    > The lady called me to check my documents and saw that everything was right. Then
    > she asked me to wait for the consul to call me and after some time he did.
    >
    > I went to his room, I had to talk to him through bullet-proof glass. After
    > exchanging some words, I asked him if I could speak in English (his accent was so
    > hard to understand). The consul was so nice to me. I spoke more than I should and
    > he liked that.
    >
    > After some questions and about 10 minutes of friendly talking, he gave me a big
    > smile and wished me all the best. I gave him another big smile and he told me to
    > come back in 3 hours to get my passport with the visa! He even didn't ask to see my
    > proof of relationship! (I had a bag full of it!!!!). Wow! It was so simple.... I
    > was so nervous! Most of the people were leaving his room without a positive answer
    > and I was thinking that I would be just another denial. I was afraid but I prayed
    > and God gave me confidence.
    >
    > At 3 pm I got the visa and the famous brown envelope. I already have my plane
    > tickets bought. I am so happy!!!! I will see my "querido" again! Leaving Brazil in
    > 2 weeks! Getting married in 2 months!
    >
    > Thank you all for everything!

Old Apr 19th 2002, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Simone,

Obrigada! O processo é estressante mais o fim é maravilhoso. Eu conhecí uns casais fazendo a entrevista do DCF. Eles obtiveram o visto sem problemas.

Good Luck for you too!!!!

Abraços,
Old Apr 19th 2002, 11:10 am
John D

Congratulation.

A few questions;

1) I have heard that you need a special fee paid. Is this true, where do you pay this
fee if so (should it be done day before etc)

2) What questions did you get asked?

Thanks

"Marcela" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi All!
    >
    > I had my k-1 interview at the consulate in Rio yesterday, here are some details
    > about it:
    >
    > After some questions and about 10 minutes of friendly talking, he gave

Old Apr 19th 2002, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

The only fee you need to pay is the usual U$ 45.00. You can have it paid at Citibank only. The receipt is valid for one year. Get it anytime you want.

As I told, the consul was so nice, he asked me how did we meet, if we still keep in contact and where do I work. That was it. My answers were detailed and concise.
Then we talked for a while, he asked me where did I learn English and French ( I was so nervous that I confused all the languages during the interview!!!). He had fun and got curious about it.

Feel free to ask me anything you want!
Old Apr 20th 2002, 1:40 am
John D

Thank you,

I just mailed the K1 I-129F petition yesterday, so I have a while to go until we get
to this point. Also, it will be my fiance that will actually go to the Consulate. I
just want to be able to tell her as much as possible about the procedures to calm
her fears.

About Citibank, can she pay at any Citibank (if there is one in Sao Paulo say) before
she goes? Also, does the Consulate give you a packet with instructions of what they
want and where you can go for everything?

Thanks

Again, Congratulations. When are you coming to the USA and where will you be living?

"Marcela" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > The only fee you need to pay is the usual U$ 45.00. You can have it paid at
    > Citibank only. The receipt is valid for one year. Get it anytime you want.
    >
    > As I told, the consul was so nice, he asked me how did we meet, if we still keep in
    > contact and where do I work. That was it. My answers were detailed and concise.
    > Then we talked for a while, he asked me where did I learn English and French ( I
    > was so nervous that I confused all the languages during the interview!!!). He had
    > fun and got curious about it.
    >
    > Feel free to ask me anything you want!
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Marcela
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 20th 2002, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Yes, your fiancée can pay this fee at any Citibank, the receipt comes with a code of the state the person is coming from. She has to make sure that is written SAO (from São Paulo).

Which INS did you file your petition?
We filled ours to TSC, as soon as we got our approval they sent the paperwork to the consulate in Rio. Actually they did that one day after the approval.
The consulate in Rio worked fast. They sent my package 3 the next week, and yes, it comes with all the instructions in English and in Portuguese. I did not use any of the forms they had sent me. I had filled out them online.

My e-mail address is [email protected], I can send you the forms and you can fill them out for your fiancée with no problems. Also, I can give you my phone number for your fiancée to call me if she needs any assistance.