Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Google Street view now in the UK

Google Street view now in the UK

Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:29 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Google Street view now in the UK

street view is available in the blue areas (but it doesn't cover absolutely every street in those areas)

my sister (in Glasgow) appears to have gone out and left their front door open
Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bevinva
It covered all the streets around my mum's old house but not hers. The streets covered seem to be highlighted in blue.
Any chance she is related to this fellow?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmer_Palmer
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

There's been a lot of work done on my nanny's old house in Dartford!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:16 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
In case you are missing looking at your old street or house, you can now see the whole street via google maps

http://maps.google.com/

type in your address and drag the little 'yellow man' onto the map where you want to look. (The Yellow man is at the top of the Zoom Up/Down thing on the left hand side). Once you drop it where you want, use the arrows to walk up and down the street.

Just checked out my office and saw the deli across the street and had a bit of a flashback getting hungry for their lunch.
I was just looking at the petrol station nearest my appartment and the gas price was $2.61, so I guess it must've driven past the beginning of last Summer as the prices started to go up.

I am going to have hours of fun with this. Oh what a sad life I lead lol
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:48 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

People are already finding candid moment such as:

Yobs puking in the streets

http://thenextweb.com/2009/03/19/amu...miting-london/
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:15 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

People are already finding candid moment such as:

Yobs puking in the streets

http://thenextweb.com/2009/03/19/amu...miting-london/
apparently google have taken that image down - like they did with this one:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12...d_street_view/
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

They've only got the centre of Oxford around the highstreet, which is a bit poo, oh well.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

AndyBristle is an unknown quantity at this point

In case you are missing looking at your old street or house, you can now see the whole street via google maps

http://maps.google.com/

type in your address and drag the little 'yellow man' onto the map where you want to look. (The Yellow man is at the top of the Zoom Up/Down thing on the left hand side). Once you drop it where you want, use the arrows to walk up and down the street.

Just checked out my office and saw the deli across the street and had a bit of a flashback getting hungry for their lunch.
thx!
Old Mar 20th 2009, 5:33 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by clynnog
In 2006...I lived from 1964-1981 in Disley (born at Stepping Hill) which is between Stockport and Buxton. We moved to Toronto in 1981 and I've lived in Ottawa since 1994.

Family in the UK are located in such diverse places as the Peak District, Marple, Irlam (btwn M/CR and Warrington), Cambridge, Tetsworth (in Oxfordshire), London, Worthing, and Dublin. As I emigrated with my parents, these relatives are aunts/uncles/cousins/ etc, and realistically as time goes on the connections get looser. To be brutally honest the 'urban' parts of the Manchester conurbation leave me cold. My son who was 6 in 2006 loved Old Trafford but found much of the rest of M/CR to be grotty.

The Google Street view imagery doesn't go out as far as Stockport does it.
Spent most of my teenage years living in High Lane. Used to work at Seven Springs Garage on Buxton Rd and the Red Lion in High Lane as a student.

Did you go to Marple Ridge High School?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 5:38 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
They've only got the centre of Oxford around the highstreet, which is a bit poo, oh well.
No one in their right mind would go up Cowley Road.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Best donner kebabs in town though.....it's worth braving a trip
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
It's all coffee shops and ponce now, all the decent dodgy little indian head shops are gone...the polar bear is still there though apparently...that and the zodiac.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Dan725
Best donner kebabs in town though.....it's worth braving a trip
St Giles, always a good one there, and in St Aldates
Old Mar 20th 2009, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
In 2006...I lived from 1964-1981 in Disley (born at Stepping Hill) which is between Stockport and Buxton. We moved to Toronto in 1981 and I've lived in Ottawa since 1994.

Family in the UK are located in such diverse places as the Peak District, Marple, Irlam (btwn M/CR and Warrington), Cambridge, Tetsworth (in Oxfordshire), London, Worthing, and Dublin. As I emigrated with my parents, these relatives are aunts/uncles/cousins/ etc, and realistically as time goes on the connections get looser. To be brutally honest the 'urban' parts of the Manchester conurbation leave me cold. My son who was 6 in 2006 loved Old Trafford but found much of the rest of M/CR to be grotty.

The Google Street view imagery doesn't go out as far as Stockport does it.

Wow, small world! I lived in Buxton for about 4 years, My sis was in an accident and was moved from Stockport infirmary, to the Devonshire! I loved Buxton! I agree that Manchester is not a 'pretty' place, only ever went there for the New mall they built.
The Peak district is beautiful, lots of very pretty villages. same in Oxfordshire. My favorite place to visit was always the lake district...No, I couldn't get to Stockport on the map either.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoB1833
Spent most of my teenage years living in High Lane. Used to work at Seven Springs Garage on Buxton Rd and the Red Lion in High Lane as a student.

Did you go to Marple Ridge High School?
Spent many a happy hour in the Red Lion!
My high school was offerton girls, but the year I left they joined up with Goyt Bank and the tech (boys school)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.