Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Goofy but nice people

Goofy but nice people

Old Jun 18th 2006, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

You What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant future
Default Goofy but nice people

Hello folks, I am the new kid on the block around here, I have read a few of the posts and some of the responses are hilarious. I thought I would try and join in the fun with you guys by starting a thread based on some of the goofy statements I have heard in the USA. I have had many more but here are my 3 favourite

All of the following statements were made to me after someone heard my accent.

Hey where are you from.
(me) the UK.
coooool, I saw that place on the playboy channel one time, it looks pretty wild out there, but you dont sound very Russian to me.
(me) I am not Russian, I am from the UK.
I thought the UK was in Russia.
(me) errr no, the UK is not, was not, and never will be in Russia, are you referring to the Ukraine by any chance.
yes thats it, I saw it on the playboy channel, its in Russia.

Needless to say I ended that conversation right there.

Here is another.

Are you from the real England or the other England.
(me) what other England.
The big one beside New Zealand.

And last but not least.

Where are you from.
(me) the UK.
Wow, I studied there for 4 years.
(me) really, where did you study exactly.
the University of Kentucky, I just told you.

Can anybody else top these, I would love to hear of your experiences if you can.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 3:23 am
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goofy but nice people

Originally Posted by You What John
Hello folks, I am the new kid on the block around here, I have read a few of the posts and some of the responses are hilarious. I thought I would try and join in the fun with you guys by starting a thread based on some of the goofy statements I have heard in the USA. I have had many more but here are my 3 favourite

All of the following statements were made to me after someone heard my accent.

Hey where are you from.
(me) the UK.
coooool, I saw that place on the playboy channel one time, it looks pretty wild out there, but you dont sound very Russian to me.
(me) I am not Russian, I am from the UK.
I thought the UK was in Russia.
(me) errr no, the UK is not, was not, and never will be in Russia, are you referring to the Ukraine by any chance.
yes thats it, I saw it on the playboy channel, its in Russia.

Needless to say I ended that conversation right there.

Here is another.

Are you from the real England or the other England.
(me) what other England.
The big one beside New Zealand.

And last but not least.

Where are you from.
(me) the UK.
Wow, I studied there for 4 years.
(me) really, where did you study exactly.
the University of Kentucky, I just told you.

Can anybody else top these, I would love to hear of your experiences if you can.
Nice to meet you John. You'll find a bevy of stupid things that our hosts say on this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370655

Enjoy.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

You What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant futureYou What John has a brilliant future
Default Re: Goofy but nice people

Originally Posted by peterbainham
Nice to meet you John. You'll find a bevy of stupid things that our hosts say on this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370655

Enjoy.
Thanks, and Hi...

I love it, I just had a nose at the link you sent me, my wife thinks I am now officially insane for laughing at my laptop.

I am off to change my underpants as I p**sed all over myself laughing.