Goody box

Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Leah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Goody box

So three weeks before I'm due to leave and one of my lovely friends has made me a goody box of all things UK to remind me of home when I go (cue me getting all emotional about leaving!).

There's loads of fab UK food items (jars/ packets)/ sweets etc to remind me of home and I'd love to bring the whole box with me, but as far as I understand its a bit of a no-go when it comes to the shipment of my stuff.

Am I left with the only option of putting items in my suitcase that I want to bring with me, or have any of you taken / had sent any goody boxes like this? I have a sea and an air shipment due to go in two weeks time.

Such a lovely gesture!
Old Jul 9th 2013, 12:57 am
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goody box

Ask the shippers?

If you bung it in the regular mail, it probably won't have a problem though, as long as stuff isn't open and doesn't have meat/fruit products.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

What's actually in it?

I've shipped jam/tins/etc.

I've brought over in a suitcase teabags, malt loaf, chocolate, ready brek, sweets and loads of OTC medications.

On the other hand, the TSA official wouldn't let my extremely allergic daughter take her bottle of Benadryl on the plane despite their own website saying that they would
Old Jul 9th 2013, 6:31 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leah326 View Post
So three weeks before I'm due to leave and one of my lovely friends has made me a goody box of all things UK to remind me of home when I go (cue me getting all emotional about leaving!).

There's loads of fab UK food items (jars/ packets)/ sweets etc to remind me of home and I'd love to bring the whole box with me, but as far as I understand its a bit of a no-go when it comes to the shipment of my stuff.

Am I left with the only option of putting items in my suitcase that I want to bring with me, or have any of you taken / had sent any goody boxes like this? I have a sea and an air shipment due to go in two weeks time.

Such a lovely gesture!
More than you ever wanted to know about what you can bring in and how.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...r-personal-use
Old Jul 9th 2013, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Leah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of lightLeah326 is a glorious beacon of light

Brilliant, thanks folks!!

Most of it is in jars, packets etc so hopefully will be ok. Thanks a lot for the link as that's really useful.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 8:41 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leah326 View Post
Brilliant, thanks folks!!

Most of it is in jars, packets etc so hopefully will be ok. Thanks a lot for the link as that's really useful.
No earwigs though.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
No earwigs though.
I'll be dreaming about these bloody earwigs if I'm not careful...