Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Goods out of warranty period..

Wikiposts

Goods out of warranty period..

Old Oct 9th 2005, 10:51 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goods out of warranty period..

Originally Posted by Boiler
I thought they stopped that, or was it just for cars?
I think it's just for cars...we just "recycled" two puters from the USAF that were written up for $1500, they were original P1's....only thing worth keeping were the hard drives as they were the only thing that had been updated in the life of the systems...
Old Oct 9th 2005, 10:52 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Why? Is there more of the USA than here and LA then? I thought it was all just swamps north of here right up till you get to the frozen wastelands bit.
not far wrong
Old Oct 9th 2005, 12:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Why? Is there more of the USA than here and LA then? I thought it was all just swamps north of here right up till you get to the frozen wastelands bit.

Here you go...my best combination of geography and art:

Old Oct 10th 2005, 5:12 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Your credit card company often gives you an additional period of warrenty protection
Old Oct 10th 2005, 5:23 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Goods out of warranty period..

Originally Posted by Boiler
So you buy all your electrical etc goods at Costco.

Use them for a year and then trade them in for new ones and probably get money back.

Interesting, do they do this on Cars?
It would be great if they did this on cars....I haven't looked into it but somehow I can't see Costco offering that benefit LOL!

Has anyone actually ever bought a car through Costco? Or come to think of it, a holiday on a cruise?

I wonder what discounts they offer compared to buying a car (or cruise) through the usual vendors....?
Old Oct 10th 2005, 6:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Englishmum
It would be great if they did this on cars....I haven't looked into it but somehow I can't see Costco offering that benefit LOL!

Has anyone actually ever bought a car through Costco? Or come to think of it, a holiday on a cruise?

I wonder what discounts they offer compared to buying a car (or cruise) through the usual vendors....?
I remember seeing the adverts in store.

I believe that they just operate as a Car Broker, like many others out there.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

well $1500 dollars to repair, *****ing daylight robbery..
Best Buy don't give a toss, neither do the manufacturer and Amex are being as awkward as possible as the card we bought it with was taken out in the UK and the TV was bought here..
Looks like I'll be having my own private bonfire on bonfire night then although I might do it in the car park at Best Buy..
Old Oct 20th 2005, 12:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

ouch...that blows big monkey balls doesn't it....
Old Oct 20th 2005, 10:13 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodsey
well $1500 dollars to repair, *****ing daylight robbery..
Best Buy don't give a toss, neither do the manufacturer and Amex are being as awkward as possible as the card we bought it with was taken out in the UK and the TV was bought here..
Looks like I'll be having my own private bonfire on bonfire night then although I might do it in the car park at Best Buy..

PUSH BACK HARD ON AMEX

I think they are the BEST company for helping out with these sort of claims - i've never had an issue
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Elvira
Oh, that's good to know!

Back in the UK I would always by stuff from John Lewis/Peter Jones for that very reason.

I really miss Peter Jones. Sad, I know...
He was great on just a minute & the ragtrade
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:06 am
Mr. Grumpy

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
He was great on just a minute & the ragtrade
reward for most random post of the day goes to DS