Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

A good result

A good result

Old Dec 5th 2003, 6:09 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute
Default A good result

Two weeks ago I ordered a chocolate birthday cake for my sons birthday from the local Publix supermarket. At 7:30 this morning I got a call telling me they don't have chocolate cake, would marble cake be OK? "No it bloody well isn't OK, I ordered chocolate why don't you have it?" I said, although a bit more diplomatically than that. Anyway, I went to the store this lunchtime to pick it up and had a word with the store manager. "Oh that's not good at all, we'll just give it to you, would that be alright with you?" he said! I was tempted for a second to ask what else he was going to give me in compensation, but decided not to.
Good one Mr Manager! No excuses (unlike the bakery staff) just accept the mistake and make things right.
I'm a happy bunny
Old Dec 5th 2003, 6:12 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A good result

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
Two weeks ago I ordered a chocolate birthday cake for my sons birthday from the local Publix supermarket. At 7:30 this morning I got a call telling me they don't have chocolate cake, would marble cake be OK? "No it bloody well isn't OK, I ordered chocolate why don't you have it?" I said, although a bit more diplomatically than that. Anyway, I went to the store this lunchtime to pick it up and had a word with the store manager. "Oh that's not good at all, we'll just give it to you, would that be alright with you?" he said! I was tempted for a second to ask what else he was going to give me in compensation, but decided not to.
Good one Mr Manager! No excuses (unlike the bakery staff) just accept the mistake and make things right.
I'm a happy bunny

I don't quite understand. Did you get a cake in the end free of charge? Was it the marble cake?

NC Penugin
Old Dec 5th 2003, 6:46 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NC Penguin
I don't quite understand. Did you get a cake in the end free of charge? Was it the marble cake?

NC Penugin
Oops, I wasn't clear enough. I ended up with a marble cake decorated with racing cars. It would have been $21 but I got it completely FREE due to the mix up with cake types although it was decorated just as I'd asked for.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
I'm a happy bunny
Same thing happened to me last year. Had ordered a chocolate cake with fresh cream for a workmates 40th. Turned up at 7 in the morning to pick it up on the way to work only to be told that the girl who took the order should not have promised it for that day. Anyway, like you I ended up getting my pick of cakes for free. Quite honestly I cannot see that happening back home.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:39 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

As long as it's cake I'll eat it!

My slice in the mail by any chance?
Old Dec 7th 2003, 8:43 pm
my arm aches

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
As long as it's cake I'll eat it!

My slice in the mail by any chance?
Sure, you can have some, I've got tons of it left
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

city girl is a jewel in the roughcity girl is a jewel in the roughcity girl is a jewel in the roughcity girl is a jewel in the rough

Same thing happened to me in Tesco so I guess it would happen "back home".