Reload this Page >

Good places to live in Irvine, Orange County, CA

Good places to live in Irvine, Orange County, CA

Old Jul 25th 2011, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Big_Paul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good places to live in Irvine, Orange County, CA

Hi All,

Just joined the site as I am moving to California, sooner than expected.

I'm Relocating to work in Irvine CA and I'm looking for somewhere to live over there.
I'mn a 28 yo, Single Male with a good income, looking for a good size 2 bed apartment or a resonable 2 bed house.

I used to live in Southsea, Portsmouth and Hackney in London and like that type of area, Kind of Artistic/Bohemium, and I'm hoping to find somewhere like that within commutable distance from Irvine. I want to live somewhere with character and community.

I hope someone can help as I don't know the area in the slightest!

Cheers folks

Paul
Old Jul 25th 2011, 2:47 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good places to live in Irvine, Orange County, CA

Never liked the place, until last week when I was there on business and realized there was alot more to the area then I had ever seen.

Irvine Blvd around the 5000 numbers onward area and Alton parkway was very nice so i revoke any slagging off that I posted in the past lol...stay clear of Tustin
Old Jul 25th 2011, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Where in Irvine will you be working ?
Old Jul 25th 2011, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Research Drive
Irvine, CA. 92618,

I happy to commute for up to 45 minutes so it should give me a relatively large area to play with.

Cheers
Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute

We live just down the road in Mission Viejo. Unfortunately, in Orange County there are few places with character!

I believe you said you would be working on Research Drive which is at the Intersection of the 405/5freeways correct?

If you want to be fairly close to work and also close to entertainment, etc. I would look to be close to Irvine Spectrum (large outdoor shopping center with movie theatres, lots of restauants, and shops.) We go to the Yard House on Fridays for their happy hour and it is full of business people having a beer after work

To get character you could look at Orange. I am not that familiar with that area so could not recommend a specific location.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

This is going to sound dreadful of me and please forgive me if i sound up myself.

I'm an engineer and an extremely practical person. I'm not really the sort of person who dresses up in suits or fancy clothes.

I'm very much a jeans and t-shirt sort of bloke and I'm happy to just to be in a relaxed laid back atmosphere where people aren't concerned about how expensive someones shoes are or have those jeans got a designer label on them!
But at the same time I'm educated, I like decent conversation and I like a relaxed place to go to unwind.
I'm coming over on my own and other than work I will be starting from scratch when i get there.
The main thing for me is I want to be able to make friends around my own age when I get there that I've not met at work.

Does that sound bad? I hope it doesn't. eek!
Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Big_Paul
Research Drive
Irvine, CA. 92618,

I happy to commute for up to 45 minutes so it should give me a relatively large area to play with.

Cheers
I'd live in either Laguna Beach , about 14 miles from your work, Dana Point or San Clemente about 20 miles away.
Great places to live as a single person with a nice income. Good restaurants, good night life, lots going on, right by the beach.

I'd highly recommend any of those places. Old town Orange is very cool as well.

Based on your last comment you might find the OC a bit of a shock because, for a large part of it, it's all about the salary, cars, houses, suits, "bling" etc .

Just a friendly heads up.

Last edited by Englishman43; Jul 25th 2011 at 7:03 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 11:38 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/ca/irvine/
Old Jul 26th 2011, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

SalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond repute

I know next to nothing about the city, but I'd imagine living either near the university or the student hotspots will give you plenty to do.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:49 am
Just Joined

FredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to allFredCDobbs is a name known to all

Hi Big Paul

To be honest you don't sound like an Orange County guy to me. If you really don't mind a 45 minute commute on the 405, I'd suggest you consider Long Beach, or maybe Huntington Beach. Long Beach has several neighbourhoods you might like, such as Belmont Shore, Bixby Knolls, Lakewood Village, California Heights.