Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Good News for Redneck Crazies

Good News for Redneck Crazies

Old Nov 18th 2003, 4:00 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good News for Redneck Crazies

If your a terrorist speak like you come from Alabama!

Apparently the voice recognition software that is being introduced to monitor, log and record all our telephone conversations by the Department of Homeland Security has trouble with the southern drawl.

Ridiculous is not the word, for 2 reasons.

1. All our calls our now logged and transcripted - big brother is watching!

2. In this day and age they can't make software that recognises all accents! - they probably can but Bush gave the contract to a buddy rather than the best company for the job!

Patrick
Old Nov 18th 2003, 1:41 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good News for Redneck Crazies

I wonder how it copes with a geordie accent ... I can never understand a word they say
Old Nov 18th 2003, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

I believe they had a similar problem in England with the Lancashire accent.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 10:28 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Sorry, but you'll have to explain this one to me Patrick!

Stop groaning, I just want a short explanation this time!

Are we being recorded?
Old Nov 19th 2003, 2:03 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
Sorry, but you'll have to explain this one to me Patrick!

Stop groaning, I just want a short explanation this time!

Are we being recorded?
Under the patriot act all telephone conversations can be recorded and logged, all emails can be looked by the government, all your video and library rentals are monitored.

The short version, all calls are being listened to, the likelyhood is that if the voice recognition software doesn't hear words it is looking for (hate, bomb, kill, attack, intercontinential ballistic missile) then your phone conversation will not be saved anywhere as this would take up too much space and time for the FBI to listen to every single call. The recognition software will be triggered by certain words and record and log the call to be analysed later.

Patrick