Reload this Page >

Is it a good idea???

Is it a good idea???

Old Aug 25th 2001, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Tony30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

Here is the situation:
I am here on a K-1 visa status. My wife is currently living in Minnesota.
We haven't filed for AOS yet.
I have a good job offer from a company in Washington DC, so me and my wife we decided to move in DC. I have a stamp "work authorized" from the POE. But it'll expire in 90 days. From this that I know from the newsgroup 'Arlington INS' needs 90 days for the EAD card (it means that unfortunately for some time I'll be not able to work) and on the other hand dealing with this office is a pain in the neck.
So my question is:
Is it a good idea to file in Minnesota (cause they'll give me the EAD at the same day), after that to move in Minnesota and after that to transfer my file from Minnesota to Arlington.
Does it make any sense and is that possible?

Any opinions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Aug 25th 2001, 5:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Makes perfect sense and is undoubtedly the way you should go. After all what is the point of moving because of a new employer and then not being able to work.

Rita
Old Aug 27th 2001, 2:26 pm
Andy Platt

Definitely the way to go. Although Arlington have never taken 90 days for me (they
actually say 30-90 days officially) it will take a while for your file to be
transferred so that could make it longer.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >