Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Going for South African DCF in 2 weeks

Going for South African DCF in 2 weeks

Old Apr 25th 2002, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

jcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant future
Default Going for South African DCF in 2 weeks

Hello all, I'll try to keep this short. I will be going to Jo'burg to marry my love in 2 weeks, then DCF I-130 a few days later.
Here's my checklist:

Relationship proof:

Phone records
Plane tickets/passport stamp
Emails
PICTURES!!!

I-864 / Affidavit of Support (notarized):

3 yrs. of tax returns / ample salary for support
1yr of bank account activity documentation
Employment letter stating type of work I do and salary on company letterhead
Recent pay stub

Misc:
I-130 (of course)
G-325a for both of us
Long form marriage certificate
Long form birth certificates for both
Police clearance certificate for her
Passports

Unfortunately she does not have her immunization records. I suspect they will antibody test her at the physical or just give her a new set outright. Correct??
We are also calling the consulate to see if we can get "Packet 3" prior to the first interview.
Have I missed anything??
Thanks everyone....Jerry
Old Apr 26th 2002, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

jcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant futurejcsutton has a brilliant future
Default Re: Going for South African DCF in 2 weeks

anyone??
Old Apr 26th 2002, 8:00 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going for South African DCF in 2 weeks

Congrats, Jerry! I know how exciting these times are because I'm doing the same DCF in Athens and our wedding is set for next week. eek!
See my post at http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&...netgateway.com to find out what I learned at a visit to the Consulate.

Basically, what you have looks good, just keep in mind that you may not be able to file it all at once as they seem to do in Australia. It was indicated to me that they would not accept my documents without an *approved* I-130, but I'm going to try to get it all dropped off one time, as postal service can be poor here and I'm far from the Embassy.

I was also able to get specific info about the medical (Packet 4) by demonstrating some knowledge of the process. I believe we can have it done anytime now and not have to wait for the official appointment letter (still checking on that; I read that some folk *must* have the appt. letter to take to the medical).

I received the Packet 3 documents, and I will have them completed before I'm "supposed" to. This includes the checklist (OF-169A) which (in Athens) asks for:
Passport, Birth Cert, Police Cert, Penal Record, Military Record, Photographs, Evidence of Support I-864 which can be notarized at the Consulate for no fee, Marriage Certificate (must be Registered version in Greece), prior divorce or death records, present photocopies but bring orginals for inspection, "you are advised to obtain duplicate copies of all docs in the event that the first set is lost or damaged".
Enclosures: DS-230-1 &2, IRS form 9003

In the meantime, don't neglect planning something special for your wedding and all the very best to you both.
meauxna

Originally posted by jcsutton
Hello all, I'll try to keep this short. I will be going to Jo'burg to marry my love in 2 weeks, then DCF I-130 a few days later.
Here's my checklist:

Relationship proof:

Phone records
Plane tickets/passport stamp
Emails
PICTURES!!!

I-864 / Affidavit of Support (notarized):

3 yrs. of tax returns / ample salary for support
1yr of bank account activity documentation
Employment letter stating type of work I do and salary on company letterhead
Recent pay stub

Misc:
I-130 (of course)
G-325a for both of us
Long form marriage certificate
Long form birth certificates for both
Police clearance certificate for her
Passports

Unfortunately she does not have her immunization records. I suspect they will antibody test her at the physical or just give her a new set outright. Correct??
We are also calling the consulate to see if we can get "Packet 3" prior to the first interview.
Have I missed anything??
Thanks everyone....Jerry