Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Going over to Mexico

Going over to Mexico

Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:01 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Going over to Mexico

Do any of you go to the border towns of Mexico? which town do you think is the safest to visit. any tips on do's and don'ts when visiting..
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:05 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going over to Mexico

Originally Posted by candy wy.
Do any of you go to the border towns of Mexico? which town do you think is the safest to visit. any tips on do's and don'ts when visiting..
Yep don't go period lol.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice

We went to Tijuana when we lived in CA. It was fun. Felt safe enough although we didn't wander from the tourist areas.

Although, this was six years ago. Don't know what it's like these days.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:09 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve100100
We went to Tijuana when we lived in CA. It was fun. Felt safe enough although we didn't wander from the tourist areas.

Come to Modesto instead you won't know the difference lol
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Come to Modesto instead you won't know the difference lol
Ah, but do the bars in Modesto sell beer for 99c?
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:14 pm

Ah, but do the bars in Modesto sell beer for 99c?
Good point but I bet we have more Taco/Roach vans
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Yep don't go period lol.
I agree. Although we had fun that one night in TJ, I think Mexican border towns are probably best avoided in general.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:16 pm

I agree. Although we had fun that one night in TJ, I think Mexican border towns are probably best avoided in general.
Mexico in general....I have Mexican friends and even they don't want or won't go there.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Mexico in general....I have Mexican friends and even they don't want or won't go there.
I'm sure there must be some nice parts of Mexico but border towns are usually pretty dirty holes.

That night in Tijuana was my first and only experience of Mexico. I remember cheap beer and strip clubs.

Stayed in a hotel with a strip club downstairs. Didn't realize they were open 24/7. We could hear the music in our room.

By 5am, enough was enough. We got up and left. Walked across the border and got in the car and drove home. Memories!
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Dont go to TJ they even told the US Marines to stay out because it is to dangerous.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:28 pm

I'm sure there must be some nice parts of Mexico but border towns are usually pretty dirty holes.

That night in Tijuana was my first and only experience of Mexico. I remember cheap beer and strip clubs.

Stayed in a hotel with a strip club downstairs. Didn't realize they were open 24/7. We could hear the music in our room.

By 5am, enough was enough. We got up and left. Walked across the border and got in the car and drove home. Memories!
Yes young, foot loose, and fancy free

I just don't get it why folk go there you end up in a concrete jungle compound, where you are limited to where you can visit without fearing for your life, when you could get on plane and go to Hawaii or the such like!!

Each to their own, I would give it away if someone bought me a ticket.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:28 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

We just crossed at Nogales, in and out in 45 minutes & on a specific mission. I love Mexico but the border towns suck & aren't particularly safe. Why do you want to go? If you want to drive over, there are other places you can easily reach that are a lot more desirable.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Dont go to TJ they even told the US Marines to stay out because it is to dangerous.
Wow! I don't have plans to go back anytime soon. I guess we were lucky.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna
We just crossed at Nogales, in and out in 45 minutes & on a specific mission. I love Mexico but the border towns suck & aren't particularly safe. Why do you want to go? If you want to drive over, there are other places you can easily reach that are a lot more desirable.
She is on a secret mission
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Yes young, foot loose, and fancy free

I just don't get it why folk go there you end up in a concrete jungle compound, where you are limited to where you can visit without fearing for your life, when you could get on plane and go to Hawaii or the such like!!

Each to their own, I would give it away if someone bought me a ticket.
Right. We went because we were living in LA at the time so it was do-able to drive there for a night. I certainly wouldn't get on a plane and vacation there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.