Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Going back to UK Jan 2008

Going back to UK Jan 2008

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:48 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going back to UK Jan 2008

Originally Posted by Tracym
Hi, I'm sorry to see you go (although of course I hope you'll be happy going home). But... confused.... I thought you were planning to stay and had bought a house and all....?
Well the father in law bought the house for us to live in and we would buy it form him at cost when we got settled. But, we were under no obligation to buy it if we didn't fancy it after a year or so. Until lately we had been planning to stick around, especially after the amount of work we put into making the place liveable, but various things have made us think the UK might be a better option financially and, of course, brown sauce wise
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 5:10 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lanky spoken here
Salford fills me with dread.....Lower Broughton and Weaste...

Places to avoid. Irlam o'th' Heights, and Pendlebury

and of course...the infamous LITTLE HULTON, (Beirut without the sun)
eek!!! - You are right about Lower Broughton and Weaste - even as a salford lad I hate those neighbourhoods and I cut my teeth there!!! But Irlams O'th Height aint bad (I will be glad if I can get a gaff there on our return) and Pendlebury is well posh. You are porlly thinking of Pendleton, which is my own area and is pretty rough but I grew up there so not a probs.

End of the day America is great but Salford is better!!! lol - rain and all
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:23 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
eek!!! - You are right about Lower Broughton and Weaste - even as a salford lad I hate those neighbourhoods and I cut my teeth there!!! But Irlams O'th Height aint bad (I will be glad if I can get a gaff there on our return) and Pendlebury is well posh. You are porlly thinking of Pendleton, which is my own area and is pretty rough but I grew up there so not a probs.

End of the day America is great but Salford is better!!! lol - rain and all
Played rugby league in the depths of Salford many times ...Langworthy/Folly Lane and then out Eccles way i....t was always fun and an all in brawl a certainty

I know its just out of Salford but we used to do a pub crawl, we'd catch the train from Newton-le-Willows get off at Patricroft and walk down Liverpool Rd calling in the pubs as we went then back on the train in Eccles. The best pub was a huge Holt's place called the Lamb Hotel on Regent St.... good times and a full size snooker table as well
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Well the father in law bought the house for us to live in and we would buy it form him at cost when we got settled. But, we were under no obligation to buy it if we didn't fancy it after a year or so. Until lately we had been planning to stick around, especially after the amount of work we put into making the place liveable, but various things have made us think the UK might be a better option financially and, of course, brown sauce wise
Well best of luck to you! I hope you'll enjoy some visits in the future then.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:03 pm
Account Closed

lanky spoken here is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by surly
Is this guy for real?
Yes, I was an Army Officer, ta very much.