Reload this Page >

Going back to UK Jan 2008

Going back to UK Jan 2008

Old Sep 29th 2007, 2:48 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Going back to UK Jan 2008

Originally Posted by jumping doris
When I hear on the radio how much more the government here wants to spend on Iraq and yet so many don't have any healthcare ..it beggars belief.

Yes
Old Sep 29th 2007, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
We are planning to move back in jan 08 too. Luckily the missus cant wait. I am sorry yours isn't keen but maybe she will change her mind. I hope so anyway. For myself - i will be sad to go, I dont think I have missed out on anything at all (only been here a year though) and I dont regret cming here for a moment. I saying to Mrs Sod just this morning as I looked at a gorgeous tree lined ridge against the pale blue sky of southwest michigan - shit love, I'm gonna miss this place when we got home!

Non the less, it has been an adventure and there are bound to be many more to come. I feel like I will appreciate blighty more having been away for a while. In fact, we might even go on holiday somewhere other than Rhyll for a change next year ha ha.

Anyway, good luck and hope it all works out for ya. Where abouts in lanc by the way? I have friends in Waterfoot mithering the life out me to move there instead of Mancehster. You never know
Hi, I'm sorry to see you go (although of course I hope you'll be happy going home). But... confused.... I thought you were planning to stay and had bought a house and all....?
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:32 pm
Account Closed

lanky spoken here is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by veryfunny
I really sorry to read about your situation. I think three years is to soon to throw in the towel, keep trying I think it will get better, plus what types of work are you looking for?
I'm a time served tradesman with 15 years exp in UK and when I came to States, my exp and skills counted for nothing. They simply don't care what you did back in UK.

Anyway, I took a job at a big box store for $9 per hour, very humiliating.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
We are planning to move back in jan 08 too. Luckily the missus cant wait. I am sorry yours isn't keen but maybe she will change her mind. I hope so anyway. For myself - i will be sad to go, I dont think I have missed out on anything at all (only been here a year though) and I dont regret cming here for a moment. I saying to Mrs Sod just this morning as I looked at a gorgeous tree lined ridge against the pale blue sky of southwest michigan - shit love, I'm gonna miss this place when we got home!

Non the less, it has been an adventure and there are bound to be many more to come. I feel like I will appreciate blighty more having been away for a while. In fact, we might even go on holiday somewhere other than Rhyll for a change next year ha ha.

Anyway, good luck and hope it all works out for ya. Where abouts in lanc by the way? I have friends in Waterfoot mithering the life out me to move there instead of Mancehster. You never know
Waterfoot, near Summerseat in Bury? Thats such a lovely place
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i asked you this before but can't remember your reply, sorry...has your wife lived in blighty before?
No, shes' lived in Texas all her life and can't envisage living anywhere else. Me, I've lived in Aussie, NZ and Africa, and closer to home, France....loved it!

No matter where you go in the World, people are always the same.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
I think they both used to live in Salford!
Salford fills me with dread.....Lower Broughton and Weaste...

Places to avoid. Irlam o'th' Heights, and Pendlebury

and of course...the infamous LITTLE HULTON, (Beirut without the sun)
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lanky spoken here
No, shes' lived in Texas all her life and can't envisage living anywhere else. Me, I've lived in Aussie, NZ and Africa, and closer to home, France....loved it!

No matter where you go in the World, people are always the same.

that question was for silly sod as he and his USC missus are moving back to the uk

i've heard texans don't like to be uprooted however mine doesn't mind ..... he looks fwd to living back in the uk again
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:45 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by TruBrit
that question was for silly sod as he and his USC missus are moving back to the uk

i've heard texans don't like to be uprooted however mine doesn't mind ..... he looks fwd to living back in the uk again
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Redlippie
exactly, he has seen the light
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:50 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

I have to go over to the UK in the new year sometime, in order to get the kids organized and can't wait to hit the S.A. pubs in London
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Redlippie
I have to go over to the UK in the new year sometime, in order to get the kids organized and can't wait to hit the S.A. pubs in London
sounds good
Old Sep 30th 2007, 9:08 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Salford fills me with dread.....Lower Broughton and Weaste...

Places to avoid. Irlam o'th' Heights, and Pendlebury

and of course...the infamous LITTLE HULTON, (Beirut without the sun)
Darling....but what about Baby bronx (the valley in swinton)...

Have to admit these are probably reasons why i don't go back home very much....coz salford's my home town too..
Old Sep 30th 2007, 9:54 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

I changed jobs in July and the blatant discrimination when people find out you're not American and a flag waving idiot is amazing.

I do symphathise with all the immigrants who arrive here, the average Texan is poorly educated, narrow-minded and insular.
Midwesterners love the English....it is quite an advantage actually and the cost of living is very low. We have many community colleges that actually help place you with employers once you get your 2-yr degree or you can transfer to a 4-yr college.....think about it.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

I am from Manchester too. Great place. So much life and so much to do. The weather can be bad (I was there this summer and it basically rained for 5 weeks). Anyway, I understand about moving back for your parents. The argument about no one recognizing your qualifications works both ways. I mostly did my job training here in the US (I am a school counsellor). My degree is not recognized enough (I have 60 graduate credits and I am getting licensed as a psychotherapist) in the UK and my job (school counsellor) does not really exist like here in the US. When I go back to the UK I have to go back to school and kinda start over. UGH! Good luck with your move!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:16 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simongb
I was there this summer and it basically rained for 5 weeks!
Mate - that was ALL of England this summer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.