British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Going back to UK! (For 5 days!) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/going-back-uk-5-days-313740/)

CarlM Jul 13th 2005 5:41 pm

Going back to UK with my GC! A Question:

As the proud owner of a shiney new 2 yr Conditional GC, i am going back to UK for a few days. Aside from the GC and passport, am i likely to need to present the kindly Customs agent with any other documentation other than the aforementioned?

Thank you kindly!

FlyergirlUK Jul 13th 2005 6:39 pm

Re: Going back to UK with my GC! A Question:

Lucky bugger! :D

Just make sure you fill in the customs form - no I-94 needed anymore.

Congrats on the card and have a safe trip!

NC Penguin Jul 13th 2005 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by CarlM
As the proud owner of a shiney new 2 yr Conditional GC, i am going back to UK for a few days. Aside from the GC and passport, am i likely to need to present the kindly Customs agent with any other documentation other than the aforementioned?

Thank you kindly!

Surely you mean Immigration?

If I were you, I'd keep a file for your I-751 and put the boading passes for this trip in it on your return. Makes it easier for you to recall time spent outside the US when you file the I-751.

NC Penguin

Shish kebab Jul 14th 2005 1:42 am

Originally Posted by CarlM

Thank you kindly!

I have just traveled home last month on My 2yr GC. All you need to show is your GC with your passport and your ticket when checking in and on your return give the same at the desk when checking in. The customs in the US will need to see them. You will not need the I-94 when leaving as you now have your GC. Fill in the customs form they give out on the plane coming back. hope this helps Have a nice tome at home.

AdobePinon Jul 14th 2005 1:58 am

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
If I were you, I'd keep a file for your I-751 and put the boading passes for this trip in it on your return. Makes it easier for you to recall time spent outside the US when you file the I-751.

Did I miss something when I filed mine? :confused: Don't remember anything about time outside the US.

krizzy Jul 14th 2005 1:59 am

Re: Going back to UK! (For 5 days!)

My daughter landed in Canada as port of entry..after a trip back to the UK.....they never asked for her green card..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .she asked them did they want to see it...and they said OK then... and how did she get it....she told them and that was that ..she had been worried about traveling back on her own for ages.....just incase she did something wrong. ...

NC Penguin Jul 14th 2005 2:21 am

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Did I miss something when I filed mine? :confused: Don't remember anything about time outside the US.

My mistake. Keep those boarding passes and other travel documentation that indicates time spent outside the US after you've obtained your 10yr GC. It's the N-400 that requires you to state the number of days spent outside the US.

NC Penguin

AdobePinon Jul 14th 2005 6:04 am

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
It's the N-400 that requires you to state the number of days spent outside the US.

Ahhhh. Thanks for the heads-up.