Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan

God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan

Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

mrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant future
Default God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan

.......and then God would tell me, 'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did."

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...icle317805.ece
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

mrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant futuremrcusa has a brilliant future
Default Re: God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan

Why does the well known saying:

"Another fine mess you got me into!"

come to mind?
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:27 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan

Divine guidance is a wonderful thing.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:31 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Please tell me that's made up :scared: Or did he mean 'his dog'?
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Please tell me that's made up :scared: Or did he mean 'his dog'?
His dog told him to invade Iraq? I don't know what's worse!
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:46 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

The frightening thing is not the fact that George is a schizophrenic but that so many of the US population don't believe that this is an illness he is suffering from.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Perhaps He really meant that George should go personally!
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:10 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrcusa
Perhaps He really meant that George should go personally!
Well he is good at doing fly-bys in Air Force one.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

A racidal islamic empire stretching from Indonesia to Spain?! Good grief we cant have that! Where the hell else will all the brits go for cheap holidays in the sun?

(And why does it stop at Spain )
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:12 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

God told him to invade Iraq and lie about the weapons of mass destruction. The Yorkshire Ripper tried to blame God for his senseless murders, he didnt get away with it.

I think next time you really fick up at work you tell your boss that God made you do it.

Isnt about time people took responsibility for there own actions instead of blaming an imaginary friend.

When I was a kid and was really naughty my Dad would ask me me if I did it and I would say "a boy did it" - this is exactly the same thing.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Patrick
God told him to invade Iraq and lie about the weapons of mass destruction. The Yorkshire Ripper tried to blame God for his senseless murders, he didnt get away with it.

I think next time you really fick up at work you tell your boss that God made you do it.

Isnt about time people took responsibility for there own actions instead of blaming an imaginary friend.

When I was a kid and was really naughty my Dad would ask me me if I did it and I would say "a boy did it" - this is exactly the same thing.
Responsibilty? Here? Nah...just blame someone else then sue them.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:32 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Responsibilty? Here? Nah...just blame someone else then sue them.
Don't you know its OUR responsibility? Like it was the people's responsibility to help out in New Orleans, and to "free" Iraq, and pay $455 billion a year for "defense"...
Old Oct 7th 2005, 4:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Don't you know its OUR responsibility? Like it was the people's responsibility to help out in New Orleans, and to "free" Iraq, and pay $455 billion a year for "defense"...
Oh yes I forgot. Sorry.