Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

God Bless Target

Wikiposts

God Bless Target

Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Shish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really nice
Default Re: God Bless Target

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
I thought any fellow chocoholics would like to know that Target is currently stocking Creme Eggs - I mean the real English ones with Made in England on the box. Make sure it says Made in England on the box.
I was in Wallgreens today and noticed that they also sell creme eggs made in England. They are 59 cents for one but I had to get them there and then. yum I was in heaven. They sell the mini creme egg but they are made by hershey.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I went shopping in my local Safeway last night and I found Cadbury Creme Eggs, the large ones, small ones and caramel ones. All made in England. So, I bought some for hubby as a treat. A bit expensive at Safeway though. I'm betting that Cadbury Creme Eggs are only manufactured in England, unlike the rest of their products they sell over here.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 7:03 am
Thumbing a ride.

Berta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really nice

Hello Eskimo

Glad I could be of help and that you have a World Market so near you! I'm in the central valley just 3 1/2 hours north of LA and my fiancee is from Wolverhampton, so as a couple, we're not that different locale wise from you and yours! Where are you in the process?
Old Feb 27th 2005, 7:20 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Berta
Hello Eskimo

Glad I could be of help and that you have a World Market so near you! I'm in the central valley just 3 1/2 hours north of LA and my fiancee is from Wolverhampton, so as a couple, we're not that different locale wise from you and yours! Where are you in the process?
here on an L1 and just applied for Green Card - living 25 miles east of LA from Brum originally - are you USC ?
Old Feb 27th 2005, 9:33 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Cadbury eggs are my all-time favorite chocolates, and have always been frustrated that they're only sold around Eastertime. It was only after I met Mark did I discover that that's only in the US -- that they're available all year round in the UK! In fact, when I went to visit him I saw a Cadbury eggs vending machines in the Tube stations -- imagine that! So unfair!!

As it were, I bought two boxes at Target the other week, one for me and one for Mark. Mark ate all four of his in one go (yikes!). I'd eaten one every few days, still had one left, and after reading this thread I went to get it and discovered it was GONE! I know the dog didn't eat it, and it wasn't ME, so that leaves only one person... Mark's gonna have to answer to me about THAT!!

~ Jenney
Old Feb 27th 2005, 1:18 pm
Thumbing a ride.

Berta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really niceBerta is just really nice

Ahh, got it, you're on a work visa. Hadn't heard of L1 before. Who do you work for? No, not USC, formerly CSUMB but graduated now.
Old Feb 27th 2005, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Berta
Ahh, got it, you're on a work visa. Hadn't heard of L1 before. Who do you work for? No, not USC, formerly CSUMB but graduated now.

sorry USC as in US citizen...... L1 is an intercompany transfer - I work for an American company what you doing here.. PM me
Old Feb 27th 2005, 3:49 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by woodsey
sorry USC as in US citizen...... L1 is an intercompany transfer - I work for an American company what you doing here.. PM me
whopps logged on as wifey ..
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:13 am
Thumbing a ride.

No, i'm not the USC (which I took to mean University of Southern CA and thought you were asking me if I lived near there..) this whole process is a crash course in new lingo
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 5:36 am
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark

As it were, I bought two boxes at Target the other week, one for me and one for Mark. Mark ate all four of his in one go (yikes!). I'd eaten one every few days, still had one left, and after reading this thread I went to get it and discovered it was GONE! I know the dog didn't eat it, and it wasn't ME, so that leaves only one person... Mark's gonna have to answer to me about THAT!!

~ Jenney
Well, I finally got to Target but ended up disappointed. OK, so they are manufactured in England but looking at the ingredient list they are made with Corn Syrup which I'm sure would not be in the British ingredient list. It sounds like Hershey just get Cadbury to make them using their version of the recipe and maybe it's only the use of corn syrup over glucose syrup that's different, but I have sampled Toblerone where the only difference was the type of syrup used and there was a noticable difference (to me anyway). Oh well, I'm going to the UK later this month for a week or two so I think I'll do the comparison with the eggs.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 6:24 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
I thought any fellow chocoholics would like to know that Target is currently stocking Creme Eggs - I mean the real English ones with Made in England on the box. Make sure it says Made in England on the box.
oh yum!! i wish i could find somewhere that would sell the huge eggs filled with goodies like back in the U.K I really miss those.

I've also found Cadbury's fingers and After Eights in Target but they go fast!!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 7:01 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
Well, I finally got to Target but ended up disappointed. OK, so they are manufactured in England but looking at the ingredient list they are made with Corn Syrup which I'm sure would not be in the British ingredient list. It sounds like Hershey just get Cadbury to make them using their version of the recipe and maybe it's only the use of corn syrup over glucose syrup that's different, but I have sampled Toblerone where the only difference was the type of syrup used and there was a noticable difference (to me anyway). Oh well, I'm going to the UK later this month for a week or two so I think I'll do the comparison with the eggs.
You're joking! The UK made Creme Eggs are made with corn syrup. Bleeeuh! I suppose I'd better check my Creme Egg wapper to see whether corn syrup is amongst the ingredients.

NC Penguin
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 11:56 am
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
You're joking! The UK made Creme Eggs are made with corn syrup. Bleeeuh! I suppose I'd better check my Creme Egg wapper to see whether corn syrup is amongst the ingredients.

NC Penguin
I was gutted. I was all ready to stock up, but as soon as I spotted that on the label.... It said Manufactured in England for Hershey's so that's when I looked at the ingredients because I've been caught out by that before, and sure enough the dreaded corn syrup was there. I was so upset I walked straight out of Target.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 1:32 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
I was gutted. I was all ready to stock up, but as soon as I spotted that on the label.... It said Manufactured in England for Hershey's so that's when I looked at the ingredients because I've been caught out by that before, and sure enough the dreaded corn syrup was there. I was so upset I walked straight out of Target.
Walked straight out of Target - IMPOSSIBLE
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 1:45 pm
Not here much

Originally Posted by clydegirl
Walked straight out of Target - IMPOSSIBLE
maybe for a woman...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.