Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Go Pathers !

Go Pathers !

Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:31 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Go Panthers !

Never really got into American Football.
I'll always follow my beloved (Man) City wherever I am.

But what about Carolina Panthers and their last two games ?!

Last week I saw the final quarter and the last minute touchdown.
Then yesterday me and the wife sat there transfixed to the game.
Against the Superbowl champions !
That last second touchdown.
The THREE blocked field goals !

I hope all the games will be like this and thanks to them I am now a fan.

((Edit - "DOH !" Just realised I typed Pathers, can't change it now.))

Last edited by Webbie; Sep 16th 2003 at 1:47 am.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 2:07 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Go Panthers !

Originally posted by afosuk
Never really got into American Football.
I'll always follow my beloved (Man) City wherever I am.

But what about Carolina Panthers and their last two games ?!

Last week I saw the final quarter and the last minute touchdown.
Then yesterday me and the wife sat there transfixed to the game.
Against the Superbowl champions !
That last second touchdown.
The THREE blocked field goals !

I hope all the games will be like this and thanks to them I am now a fan.

((Edit - "DOH !" Just realised I typed Pathers, can't change it now.))
Booooooooooo to those dastardly Panthers! First of all they beat our local team from Jacksonville, then they turn up and spoil the party for me own bucs! Bar humbug I say. Became a fan of the Bucs last year btw, before the superbowl. I'm no "I like Untd cos they win" type fan.
Another good result for City this weekend though!
Old Sep 16th 2003, 2:12 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Go Panthers !

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
Another good result for City this weekend though!
I had me doubts about McMananananaman, but from what I heard on the match commentry he ran the defence ragged !

Panther play in similar colours to City, so it fits well for me.
Can't wait until their next match now - 28th Sept at home to Atlanta !
Old Sep 16th 2003, 2:29 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, the other half was at the match this weekend, and he said as much too. Was really impressed with the whole team. It's the first time he has seen them play live for 3 or 4 years so the team has changed a lot since then (thank God). The CoMS ground is really impressive too he says.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 3:24 am

I still pinch myself now when I see the current team and where we were five years ago.
I think we got as low as 15th in Division 2...
Lost to Colchester ? Lincoln ?
My memories fading now, but I never forgot that season.

And now City Of Manc Stadia.
McManananananananman, Fowler, Annelka, DAVID SEAMAN !

*Pulls out his old "Brother" replica shirt - starts singing "Wonderwall"*

*Remembers Alan Ball and immediately removes shirt again*
Old Sep 16th 2003, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Rids is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, Man C are doing really well and Keegan is putting together a very classy team. They may not all be the current top names but the depth of experience there is awesome. Never been a big fan of McManaman but he should link well with Fowler and Anelka. I would love to see them do well, Champions league place even, specially with Chelsea trying to buy the title

Myself, I've been a Leeds fan for 35 years and with the way they are looking these days (got hammered away to Leicester last night) I can't wait to get to the States and forget about footie
Old Sep 16th 2003, 12:19 pm
my arm aches

Originally posted by afosuk

*Pulls out his old "Brother" replica shirt - starts singing "Wonderwall"*

*Remembers Alan Ball and immediately removes shirt again*
LMAO!!!!!!
Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Long may the Panthers D keep out theopposition. I got them in the fantasy football league, they are the only ones scoring any points for me at the moment !
Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:49 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

GO COWBOYS............WHAT A GAME

my brother watched it with me last night and he doesn't watch any sports, partically "American football", but last nights game against the Giants must go down as one of the all time monday night best.