Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Go Hillary!!!!

Go Hillary!!!!

Old Nov 8th 2006, 3:40 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Go Away Hillary!!!! Stay in NY!

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
Yep as wise old Tony Benn used to say policies not personalities or as my parents referred to him that bloody Anthony Wedgewood Benn
Snap!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 3:41 am
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Go Hillary!!!!

Originally Posted by Sally
You mean like the newscaster women? :scared:
Old Nov 8th 2006, 3:41 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

I like her very, very much and I think if she ran with Obama as vp she would have a decent chance. However the two things that worry me about her is that she voted for the war in Iraq and that she has big ties with WalMart, who I feel are a wart on America and I loathe them with every part of my being.
No ones perfect though, and if I'm a citizen in 2008 I expect to be campaigning for her with all my might.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 3:43 am
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Yep as wise old Tony Benn used to say policies not personalities or as my parents referred to him that bloody Anthony Wedgewood Benn
this is true, for people who think about their vote; but in reality a lot just go for personality... the one they 'like'
Old Nov 8th 2006, 3:47 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cutina
this is true, for people who think about their vote; but in reality a lot just go for personality... the one they 'like'
Then I shall go blonde have that dermabrasian stuff and go into politics!
When they finally work out my accent they tell me I am charming
Oh and seriously before I conquer the world I am confused re which is more important house or senate?
Old Nov 8th 2006, 3:52 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that anyone seeks power should immediately bar them from office
Old Nov 8th 2006, 3:59 am
stara koka masna juha

Then I shall go blonde have that dermabrasian stuff and go into politics!
When they finally work out my accent they tell me I am charming
Oh and seriously before I conquer the world I am confused re which is more important house or senate?
conquer the pub; more important
Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:49 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I'll probably be a USC in 2 years.
I'd vote for her if she ran.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

jen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond repute

I liked her very much in 92, and volunteered (as a uni student) on her husband's campaign. However, after watching her fail on nearly all her promises and watching her flip around on issues I no longer support her. She and her husband scrapped their health care plan from the budget to maintain a balanced budget, which was a significant mistake, as it was the only time that funds had been isolated...and that was the focus of their campaign/her role for 8 years. Do we trust her again? I will if she can present a working plan, and not just talk the talk.

She's just come out in favour of gay marriage, and has changed her stance on the war so she is saying and doing the right things. Let's just hope she can be crystal clear about her agenda and can stick to it. And, she's going to need to keep a clean slate on the corruption front, following the staff trouble/court cases her team have been involved with in recent years.

I don't think America will vote for a female, but only time will tell.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I think a lot of men have never experienced working for smart, savvy women. I have had the privilege of working for many so do not have that prejudice.
I'm with you on that. I've worked for women attorneys for all of my years of working in the field and have to say because of their gender they work harder, longer and have to be brighter and more intutitive than any male attorney if they wish to become partner and/or chairwoman as my attorney is.

Go Hillary !!!! She got my vote last night !!!!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
American are not ready for a female president ...

A ggod thing for republicans .,...........
America and Americans were not ready for you either, but we adjusted
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:13 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
America and Americans were not ready for you either, but we adjusted
She couldn't win in the south though. The ties to her husband's affairs ( extra-marital and business) would sink her. The only way I know that she would get votes down here would be if the republicans repealed the foriegn born clause in the constitution and ran Arnie.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:30 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Viscount Stansgate, a leader of the working classes
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:31 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

And some countries would not even deal with a female president ...
Old Nov 8th 2006, 1:31 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jen_andreson
I liked her very much in 92, and volunteered (as a uni student) on her husband's campaign. However, after watching her fail on nearly all her promises and watching her flip around on issues I no longer support her. She and her husband scrapped their health care plan from the budget to maintain a balanced budget, which was a significant mistake, as it was the only time that funds had been isolated...and that was the focus of their campaign/her role for 8 years. Do we trust her again? I will if she can present a working plan, and not just talk the talk.

She's just come out in favour of gay marriage, and has changed her stance on the war so she is saying and doing the right things. Let's just hope she can be crystal clear about her agenda and can stick to it. And, she's going to need to keep a clean slate on the corruption front, following the staff trouble/court cases her team have been involved with in recent years.

I don't think America will vote for a female, but only time will tell.
I'm not sure we can blame the Clintons entirely for the healthcare reform debacle. Yes, Bill could have been more decisive in that regard, but there were just too many special interest groups out there to sabotage the whole thing. More specifically, they did all they could to try and destroy Hillary.

Yes, she seems to be saying the right thing now - let's hope she follows through.

If I were a USC I would vote for her - though I don't think I'll ever warm to her. She seems such a cold fish, and I'm not sure I could ever trust her. (To the extent that I would ever trust any politician - which is about as far as I could throw them...)

However, since I have no intention of ever becoming a USC, this is all academic. Now, about that Tony Blair...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.