Reload this Page >

Global entry - update info with newly obtained US passport

Global entry - update info with newly obtained US passport

Old Oct 20th 2020, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

sjc200 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Global entry - update info with newly obtained US passport

Hi,

I recently became a US Citizen and need to update my Global Entry details to reflect my new US passport (currently it has my UK passport details). Via the Global Entry website you’re only able to change passport number and expiry date - not the issuing authority.

Given that all the CBP enrollment centers seem to be closed at the moment (and I’m traveling this week), does anyone know of any other way to get this changed? For example, do people think I could just present myself at the Global Entry desk in the immigration hall and ask the Officer if they could make the change?

Steve

Old Oct 20th 2020, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global entry - update info with newly obtained US passport

Originally Posted by sjc200
Given that all the CBP enrollment centers seem to be closed at the moment
I received Conditional Approval yesterday and was able to book an appointment at my local enrollment center for next Monday.
Old Oct 21st 2020, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

do people think I could just present myself at the Global Entry desk in the immigration hall and ask the Officer if they could make the change?
This is how I updated mine -- be sure to bring your GE card with you. They just need to scan the new document, not actually talk to you or take biometrics, so you don't need an appointment. I actually tried and I couldn't get one, but I eventually got someone on the phone who told me to just show up. I was a bit skeptical, but on arrival, the security guard at the entrance took my PP and card; came back around 2 mins later and it was all done
Old Oct 21st 2020, 11:15 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

I had to get an appointment at the Bowling Green office in NYC as I was not flying International. I was planning to to do it after my next international trip, but learned the hard way that when I became a USC it broke GE and the linked Pre which meant I almost missed a domestic flight home out of Chicago... had got so used to Pre... as others note the actual change was only handing over my new passport and waiting 10 mins while they processed a batch of 5 or 6. Most of the others there seemed to be there for a post marriage name change.

Last edited by tht; Oct 21st 2020 at 11:24 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2020, 12:49 am
Just Joined

sjc200 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tht
I had to get an appointment at the Bowling Green office in NYC as I was not flying International. I was planning to to do it after my next international trip, but learned the hard way that when I became a USC it broke GE and the linked Pre which meant I almost missed a domestic flight home out of Chicago... had got so used to Pre... as others note the actual change was only handing over my new passport and waiting 10 mins while they processed a batch of 5 or 6. Most of the others there seemed to be there for a post marriage name change.
When you say it broke Pre, was that because it didn't print TSA Pre on your boarding pass, or you hit problems when you got to security (my boarding pass says TSA Pre on it) ?
Old Oct 22nd 2020, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
it broke GE and the linked Pre
Huh, I didn't notice anything like that. Although, my first domestic flight after naturalization was a matter of a couple of hours after I had my GE docs updated. It seems unlikely that, if my Pre status had been broken, it would have been restored in that time frame. In fact, I think I probably had my boarding pass before I went to the GE office at JFK, so Pre was working in the window where it was potentially broken.
Old Oct 22nd 2020, 11:22 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

When you say it broke Pre, was that because it didn't print TSA Pre on your boarding pass, or you hit problems when you got to security (my boarding pass says TSA Pre on it) ?
Originally Posted by retzie
Huh, I didn't notice anything like that. Although, my first domestic flight after naturalization was a matter of a couple of hours after I had my GE docs updated. It seems unlikely that, if my Pre status had been broken, it would have been restored in that time frame. In fact, I think I probably had my boarding pass before I went to the GE office at JFK, so Pre was working in the window where it was potentially broken.
broken = it did not print Pre on the boarding pass. At security they only look
for the logo on the boarding pass. I did not notice on the outbound because it was from BDL and they was no lines at security. I know it says you don’t get it on every flight, but the fact that was the first out of 100’s I did not get in on after that change seems very statistically unlikely.

I had months between becoming a USC and flying, my plan was to do it when going for an international flight from EWR

It made sense it was broken because I handed in the Green Card my GE was linked to at my ceremony. I assume they wound cancel that and at some point GE synced up with USCIS and it could not validate it was linked to a valid ID and it “broke” at that point. It might not be real time but if it did not work like this how would they screen out lost and stolen ID’s etc.

Last edited by tht; Oct 22nd 2020 at 12:11 pm.