British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Global Entry (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/global-entry-882642/)

breedsa Sep 1st 2016 2:18 pm

Global Entry

Being refused global entry from UK border force, is this a good indicator that I will probably be denied L1B visa?

*apologies if this comes across as a crap question...

Applied via https://global-entry.beta.homeoffice...ister-to-apply

Pulaski Sep 1st 2016 2:32 pm

Re: Global Entry

I don't see how the two things are even vaguely related. ..... Is it possible that there is something in your personal history that is so egregious that it also bars you from getting an L-1x? Sure, it's possible, but then I think you would know about it, whereas there are many nuances that can exclude you from the Global Entry program.

breedsa Sep 1st 2016 2:37 pm

Thanks, Pulaski,

I have a squeaky record so a bit miffed why I got refused, anyhoo can but try albeit slightly paranoid now.

Thanks for quick response :-)

Pulaski Sep 1st 2016 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by breedsa (Post 12041220)
Thanks, Pulaski,

I have a squeaky record so a bit miffed why I got refused, anyhoo can but try albeit slightly paranoid now.

Thanks for quick response :-)

The other half of your question, is that you have to have something fairly seriously wrong to be denied an L-1x, a minor shadow on your profile will exclude you Global Entry.

.... You're welcome. :)

Bomjeito Sep 3rd 2016 2:44 am

They didn't tell you why for Global Entry? My husband (UK/US Citizenship) was told his answer at the end of the interview. And he was told that if he wasn't approved, he'd be told why.

For me, I was informed the same, then some glitch happened that mine wasn't computer-checked and approved whilst I sat in front of the officer. He said not to worry, and if I was not approved, call the same number of that office for an answer why not. These were at the Anchorage, Alaska DHS offices, but I'd presume the ability to know WHY should be afforded to you.

I mean the GE is really only travel habits for the past 5 years. I've lived most of my life in the 'anti-America' countries and was still approved without question.

And I agree, these two are not related. A denial on one doesn't mean the same for a visa.

If your last 5 years (or more) is squeaky clean, appeal the denial with GE.

breedsa Sep 6th 2016 5:21 pm

Unfortunately, you don’t qualify to apply for the US Global Entry Program.

This doesn’t stop you travelling to the US in the usual way.

Reasons for ineligibility

Unfortunately it is not possible to provide a detailed explanation of why your application was unsuccessful.

Please note that US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) considers a range of things including all criminal offences - even those that would be treated as spent convictions in the UK - when determining eligibility for the Global Entry program.

A general, but not exhaustive, list of the issues that CBP considers when decisions are made regarding eligibility for participation in the Global Entry program is provided below.

Applicants may not be eligible if they:

provide false or incomplete information on the application
have been convicted of any criminal offence or have pending criminal charges or outstanding warrants (to include driving under the influence)
have been found in violation of any customs, immigration or agriculture regulations or laws in any country
are the subject of an ongoing investigation by any federal, state or local law enforcement agency
are inadmissible to the United States under immigration regulation, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation
cannot satisfy CBP of their low-risk status

hungryhorace Sep 7th 2016 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by breedsa (Post 12041188)
Being refused global entry from UK border force, is this a good indicator that I will probably be denied L1B visa?

*apologies if this comes across as a crap question...

Applied via https://global-entry.beta.homeoffice...ister-to-apply

They're completely unrelated.

hungryhorace Sep 7th 2016 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Bomjeito (Post 12042531)
They didn't tell you why for Global Entry? My husband (UK/US Citizenship) was told his answer at the end of the interview. And he was told that if he wasn't approved, he'd be told why.

You're comparing apples to oranges. You're referring to the process for US residents / citizens. The OP is referring to the initial Home Office process for GE. They have a silly form where if you click yes to any convictions (including trivial ones like speeding etc) they automatically disqualify you. Thus, the OP hasn't even got passed that stage is my reading of the matter.