Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Global Entry

Global Entry

Old Jul 14th 2011, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

ALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really nice
Default Global Entry

Hi everybody,
filled in my global entry application online 3 weeks ago and paid my 100 dollars. Does anybody know how long it should take for the application to change from pending approval to possible to arrange interview status.

I know after 8 weeks you can e-mail them about it but just wondered if any body on here had gone through the process to get a Global Entry card

Many thanks

Alan
Old Jul 14th 2011, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Married2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Global Entry

Could you explain a bit more about your situation? Have you applied for a diversity lottery visa? Or have you paid money to a company called Global Visas? If you paid money to that company, they cannot help you get any kind of visa for the US and they usually pop up if you do an internet search for global visas fraud. More members will chime in soon.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 2:38 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Married2abrit
Could you explain a bit more about your situation? Have you applied for a diversity lottery visa? Or have you paid money to a company called Global Visas? If you paid money to that company, they cannot help you get any kind of visa for the US and they usually pop up if you do an internet search for global visas fraud. More members will chime in soon.
He's talking 'bout this: http://www.globalentry.gov/

Not seen any victims of Global Visas recently, thank gawd.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 3:46 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

At least you're close to one of the enrollment centers - mine would be 3 hours away
Old Jul 14th 2011, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

ALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really niceALBRUZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sheepdip
At least you're close to one of the enrollment centers - mine would be 3 hours away

Yes luckily Im only 30mins away from MCO so just need to get the interview arranged. If anybody has got a global entry card can they advise what they asak at the interview or is it just a document check

Many thanks

Alan
Old Jul 16th 2011, 6:23 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

It's pretty much the same as when you enter the US, same sort of questions, can I see your passport, why do you need it, look in the camera, take prints, etc.

I have a NEXUS card, so there might be slight differences but I can use the global entry system. The only unusual thing I had at my interview was that they wanted to see my DL and car registration, as the vehicle description goes into the database for land border crossings and they warned me to notify them when I renewed my DL.

Global entry is only for air though isn't it?
Old Jul 16th 2011, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steve_
It's pretty much the same as when you enter the US, same sort of questions, can I see your passport, why do you need it, look in the camera, take prints, etc.

I have a NEXUS card, so there might be slight differences but I can use the global entry system. The only unusual thing I had at my interview was that they wanted to see my DL and car registration, as the vehicle description goes into the database for land border crossings and they warned me to notify them when I renewed my DL.

Global entry is only for air though isn't it?
Yes that is correct it is only for air and as I work in Brazil but live in Florida and travel about 12-16 times a year internationally it should make getting through immigration a lot quicker. At least I hope it does or I have wasted 100 dollars

Alan