Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Glass of Wine and a Giggle in San Francisco?

Glass of Wine and a Giggle in San Francisco?

Old Jan 9th 2010, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Us in US is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Glass of Wine and a Giggle in San Francisco?

Dear Fellow Brits!

Husband (L1A) and I have been living in this terrific city since August and are thoroughly enjoying all it has to offer! However, we would very much like to meet up with any Brits in the bay area.

If anyone is feeling sociable (and thirsty), I'd love to hear from you!

Very best wishes
Claire
Old Jan 9th 2010, 10:03 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glass of Wine and a Giggle in San Francisco?

Originally Posted by Us in US View Post
Dear Fellow Brits!

Husband (L1A) and I have been living in this terrific city since August and are thoroughly enjoying all it has to offer! However, we would very much like to meet up with any Brits in the bay area.

If anyone is feeling sociable (and thirsty), I'd love to hear from you!

Very best wishes
Claire
I will be there sat,sun,mon next week on business, I am staying over as its not worth driving back and forth each day......not sure of my shedule but its a possiblilty
Old Jan 9th 2010, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your swift reply Poppy Girl!

If you would like to meet up, that would be marvellous!

We live in the City itself - are you planning on staying in one of the hotels downtown?

Claire
Old Jan 9th 2010, 10:59 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Us in US View Post
Thank you for your swift reply Poppy Girl!

If you would like to meet up, that would be marvellous!

We live in the City itself - are you planning on staying in one of the hotels downtown?

Claire
I will be at the Hilton on O'Farrell.......

Lets PM and exchange details
Old Jan 9th 2010, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Poppy Girl - apologies for being an e-thicko, but can't work out how to PM. Could you lead the way and PM me first?!!!

In the meantime, is there an active expat social scene in the City? I've looked at another site which seems quite dormant, and certainly, on this site, a San Francisco 'get together' has not been suggested for a while.

I look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks.
Claire
Old Jan 10th 2010, 2:26 am
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl View Post
I will be at the Hilton on O'Farrell.......
........I will be at the Hilton on O'Farrell
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Tuechter is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - I'm in Oakland (East Bay) and am interested in a SF brit meet up! I've been in the states for 15yrs now, but have moved around quite a bit and have only been in the Bay Area for approx. 2yrs. I just got back from a Christmas holiday back in Scotland, which is where I'm originally from. I'm at work during the day, but availble in evenings for drinkies!! courtesy of the adorable BART system
Old Jan 11th 2010, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Poppy - thanks for the PM, but couldn't manage to reply in same manner! So just confirming safe receipt on the open forum. Let me know when you're next scheduled to be in the City and we'll try again! Thanks - Claire

Tuechter - Let me know when you're feeling brave enough to journey into the City next!
Very best wishes, Claire