Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Glamour Shots???

Glamour Shots???

Old Mar 1st 2007, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glamour Shots???

Originally Posted by spuggy
Here is a just one of the many photos of my daughter and she didn't have to pay a penny for it. She did time for print and got some brilliant pics.
:Gulp:...
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:03 am
thanks for all the fish !

Richardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud ofRichardowen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Oh hehehe had a blonde moment lol,
I hate Clowns that's why I asked I have a phobia about them hense IT is not my favorite movie and I cannot go to the Circus,

Now who is going to be the first smart ass to post a clown piccie come on bring it on I am waiting
What you have is Coulophobia !

I'm an Ergophobic myself...

R./
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:10 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just me but I thought glamour shots meant topless photos etc
But the ones you mean does seem very American with HORRIBLE make-up and to me never very flattering poses!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

Molly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud of

As pretty as you are I still don't like the photos at all. What I am seeing is a formulaic image devised by a franchise business. When I think makeover, I think of professionals who work with your features, not against them or despite them. I just don't find them glamorous, but if you like them and have fun with them that is what counts.
Here is a just one of the many photos of my daughter and she didn't have to pay a penny for it. She did time for print and got some brilliant pics.
Oh, thank you for the compliment!

This photo is gorgeous, spuggy. I think that it is very beautiful with the natural light shining in, and the mood really comes through. I can kind of see what you mean about the image of Glamour Shots. They are almost kind of like those western-style photos you get at the fair, only more detailed and a lot more expensive. (I'm changing sides now, ha ha)

I would love to have some natural pictures done, I guess I never thought of how to do it. Now I think maybe talking to photography students at a local college might be a neat idea, and they might be glad for the practice if they were paid for the film and for their time - probably a lot more creative and unique and a lot cheaper than GS.

Well, you've persuaded me. It was fun getting the hair and makeup done though - I'm not the best at doing my own so it was nice to have that included. Could do a shoot with a girlfriend though and enlist her help on the hair front! Sounds great, and yes, I've effectively contradicted my entire argument.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 2:33 am
spuggy

spuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Molly Malone
Oh, thank you for the compliment!

This photo is gorgeous, spuggy. I think that it is very beautiful with the natural light shining in, and the mood really comes through. I can kind of see what you mean about the image of Glamour Shots.
I would love to have some natural pictures done, I guess I never thought of how to do it. Now I think maybe talking to photography students at a local college might be a neat idea, and they might be glad for the practice if they were paid for the film and for their time - probably a lot more creative and unique and a lot cheaper than GS.

You don't have to pay for the film, it is called time for print. You give your time in exchange for copies of the photos and what they get is a free model and a way to build their portfolio. Most of the photographers, especially photo students are using digital for practice shots.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Molly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud ofMolly Malone has much to be proud of

You don't have to pay for the film, it is called time for print. You give your time in exchange for copies of the photos and what they get is a free model and a way to build their portfolio. Most of the photographers, especially photo students are using digital for practice shots.
Right on both accounts. But wouldn't they prefer models that look like your daughter, not shorter, chunkier versions like me? That is why I thought they would need to be paid. And of course they use digital now, what was I thinking?
Old Mar 1st 2007, 1:01 pm
spuggy

spuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to beholdspuggy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Molly Malone
Right on both accounts. But wouldn't they prefer models that look like your daughter, not shorter, chunkier versions like me? That is why I thought they would need to be paid. And of course they use digital now, what was I thinking?
It depends on what sort of photography they are going into and what type of portfolio they are wanting to put together. These are photos by Kidtee who is more into using photography as a means to express her art, so don't be put off with the idea that you are not what photographers want, it just depends. check out some photography clubs/groups in your area (they sometimes do group photo shoots) and ask them what type of models they look for and if they do time for print.
Attached Thumbnails Glamour Shots???-devious_thoughts____by_kidteehello.jpg   Glamour Shots???-claire-hard_times_are_ahead_by_kidteehello.jpg  
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:15 pm
time for a cuppa?

ukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh sure, when she goes shopping at meijers in ohio, NOT!!!!! I think she wore them twice, for this photo shoot and then to a goth party. They hurt looking at them.
I love the photos Spuggy - she is gorgeous and very photogenic. Remember going through a goth stage myself back in college days - Sisters of Mercy and all that!

Going back to earlier posts in the thread, our paper reported that CW has launched a nationwide search for mother and daughter teams to compete in a pageant reality series - I can only imagine the horrors that will be going on
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 1:24 am
spuggy

Originally Posted by ukmumsie
I love the photos Spuggy - she is gorgeous and very photogenic. Remember going through a goth stage myself back in college days - Sisters of Mercy and all that!

Going back to earlier posts in the thread, our paper reported that CW has launched a nationwide search for mother and daughter teams to compete in a pageant reality series - I can only imagine the horrors that will be going on
awwww thanks, can you believe she doesn't think so LOL! I could smack her sometimes. Oh that Goth stage, that was sort of fun in a cringe sort of way. Some of the piercings and clothes arg!!!!! But what could mummy say when mummy wore mini skirts, julie driscoll hair, bright yellow platform boots and oh well that is another era
hum, mother daughter pageant series, what are they going to do, compete for the better boob jobs, the mind just boggles.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 1:29 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on what sort of photography they are going into and what type of portfolio they are wanting to put together. These are photos by Kidtee who is more into using photography as a means to express her art, so don't be put off with the idea that you are not what photographers want, it just depends. check out some photography clubs/groups in your area (they sometimes do group photo shoots) and ask them what type of models they look for and if they do time for print.
no offense meant but that model on the right looks really 'big' and not at all flattering but she's not as the photo on the left shows
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 2:12 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
no offense meant but that model on the right looks really 'big' and not at all flattering but she's not as the photo on the left shows
That cos the first thing you lear in photography is never have the subjects knees in direct line of the lens
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 3:10 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ukmumsie
Sisters of Mercy
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:40 pm
spuggy

Originally Posted by irnbru4u

I can't take offense over something I have no control over lol! I agree with you not a flattering pic of my daughter, but it was what the photographer was going for image wise and it was the one chosen for publication in a goth mag. go figure! (no pun intended