British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Glad im not in Cancun right now (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/glad-im-not-cancun-right-now-314246/)

ImHere Jul 16th 2005 3:31 pm

Glad im not in Cancun right now

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA...OAT/VIS/20.jpg

Mind you, next target after Mexico is Texas.

cindyabs Jul 16th 2005 4:06 pm

Re: Glad im not in Cancun right now

Originally Posted by ImHere
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA...OAT/VIS/20.jpg

Mind you, next target after Mexico is Texas.

Had a kid call yesterday whose Cancun honeymoon we booked for September, he wanted to know if he should cancel and go someplace else.

ImHere Jul 16th 2005 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Had a kid call yesterday whose Cancun honeymoon we booked for September, he wanted to know if he should cancel and go someplace else.

Possibly a good idea...Emily is nearly a Cat5 now (150mph winds), still strengthening and heading straight for the place. There may not be too much left afterwards.

cindyabs Jul 16th 2005 4:15 pm

Possibly a good idea...Emily is nearly a Cat5 now (150mph winds), still strengthening and heading straight for the place. There may not be too much left afterwards.

Yeah I told him we'd wait and see and then make a decision, meanwhile I'm back to babysitting my cruise clients.

ImHere Jul 16th 2005 4:17 pm

Yeah I told him we'd wait and see and then make a decision, meanwhile I'm back to babysitting my cruise clients.

Not in the Carribean are they?

Pimpbot Jul 16th 2005 4:20 pm

I know someone who flew out today for a boat trip in the Carribean. Looks like they will have a nice backwind. :D

AmerLisa Jul 16th 2005 4:20 pm

Why do people book holidays at this time of the year in the Caribbean? Or Florida. Its always been hurricane season and it hasn't got better over the years. Perhaps its the adventure aspect. :rolleyes:

ImHere Jul 16th 2005 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Why do people book holidays at this time of the year in the Caribbean? Or Florida. Its always been hurricane season and it hasn't got better over the years. Perhaps its the adventure aspect. :rolleyes:

Ive actually never understood why people (mainly Brits) book SUMMER holidays in hot countries anyway. I mean, its SUMMER AT HOME PEOPLE! Why not book it during the British winter?

ImHere Jul 16th 2005 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
I know someone who flew out today for a boat trip in the Carribean. Looks like they will have a nice backwind. :D

Sweet. I hope took they Quells Sea Sickness tablets.

cindyabs Jul 16th 2005 4:42 pm

Yeah, one on a Western Caribbean cruise-that's Cozumel and Jamaica.

cindyabs Jul 16th 2005 4:43 pm

Ive actually never understood why people (mainly Brits) book SUMMER holidays in hot countries anyway. I mean, its SUMMER AT HOME PEOPLE! Why not book it during the British winter?

Because cost will outweigh sensibility in many cases.

cindyabs Jul 16th 2005 4:45 pm

Because cost will outweigh sensibility in many cases.

I would rather do an Alaskan cruise in the summer and a Caribbean one in the winter personally. The backassward thing is that cruises are more expensive in the summer for the same locale as the cheaper land packages.

ImHere Jul 16th 2005 5:06 pm

Yeah, one on a Western Caribbean cruise-that's Cozumel and Jamaica.

Oopsie

cindyabs Jul 16th 2005 5:09 pm

Oopsie

Indeed and did you catch that the name for the next hurricane to form is...........Franklin! :eek:

AmerLisa Jul 16th 2005 5:48 pm

We went to Florida in January....it was bloody hot enough for me. I can't imagine anyone traipsing around Disney World in 100F+ with humidity to boot. :scared: :scared: