Wikiposts

Ghostwatch

Old Sep 3rd 2004, 4:25 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ghostwatch

Does anyone else remember this mockumentary from the early 90s with Michael Parkinson, Craig Charles, Sarah Greene & Mike Smith? I watched it agin yesterday for the first time in years, and surprisingly it is still actually bloody scary in places, even with a little bit of dodgy acting from a couple of the characters. From the almost subliminal appearances of the ghost, and little scares throughout the show, to the way the thing plays out whereby for the first half of the show nothing much happens, and then builds towards an ending that gives The Blair Witch Project a run for its money. And I bet anyone who's seen it will never look at cats the same way again!

Daniel
Old Sep 4th 2004, 3:10 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ghostwatch

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
Does anyone else remember this mockumentary from the early 90s with Michael Parkinson, Craig Charles, Sarah Greene & Mike Smith? I watched it agin yesterday for the first time in years, and surprisingly it is still actually bloody scary in places, even with a little bit of dodgy acting from a couple of the characters. From the almost subliminal appearances of the ghost, and little scares throughout the show, to the way the thing plays out whereby for the first half of the show nothing much happens, and then builds towards an ending that gives The Blair Witch Project a run for its money. And I bet anyone who's seen it will never look at cats the same way again!

Daniel
Man, I remember that. And it is spooky, I was telling the wife about it just the other day.

It was soooo cheesy and crap. I remember the next day TV shows were all talking about and all the phone calls to ask if Mike Smith and Sarah Greene were okay.

Mike Smith??? Screw him!!! I was worried about our Sarah!!

Sexy Sarah in Trouble

Last edited by rincewind; Sep 4th 2004 at 3:12 am.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 3:26 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rincewind
Man, I remember that. And it is spooky, I was telling the wife about it just the other day.

It was soooo cheesy and crap. I remember the next day TV shows were all talking about and all the phone calls to ask if Mike Smith and Sarah Greene were okay.

Mike Smith??? Screw him!!! I was worried about our Sarah!!

Sexy Sarah in Trouble

I was about 12 when that came out, I was round my grandparents and they let me and my brother stay up to watch it.

I didnt sleep much that night, to make things worse my nan had about 3 cats.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 4:34 am
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

It was a very convincing show at the time. Anyone remember reading about the kid who hung himself after watching it claiming "I have to see if God exists" or something? How did you manage to watch it again Daniel?
Old Sep 4th 2004, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jambo_2004
It was a very convincing show at the time. Anyone remember reading about the kid who hung himself after watching it claiming "I have to see if God exists" or something? How did you manage to watch it again Daniel?

Yeah, he decided that being a ghost was obviously better than being alive and killed himself as a result of the programme. The thing was that if you missed the starting credits there was nothing which suggested it was fake.

Reminds me a bit of the War of the Worlds radio broadcast in America in the 1930's!
Old Sep 4th 2004, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Mike Green was a racing car driver too wasn't he ? I'm sure I remember other drivers swearing about his driving skills.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 5:33 pm
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgsyd1

Daniel
Ah I loved that programme! My favorite bit was when the camera panned rounf the room quickly and you saw a dark shape, and when the camera panned back it was gone. My then girlfriend's two younger sisters screamed in fright and fought each other at the doorway to the room trying to get out from sheer panic

Hahahah such fun!
Old Sep 4th 2004, 8:07 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

I don't remember that, but you reminded me of Rentaghost!

If your mansion house needs haunting just call, Rentaghost,
We've got spooks and ghouls and freaks and fools, at Rentaghost,
Hear the Phantom of the Opera, sing a haunting melody,
Remember what you see is not a mystery but ..... Rentaghost!

http://www.tv.cream.org/specialassig...rentaghost.mp3
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:36 am
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScousePete
I don't remember that, but you reminded me of Rentaghost!

If your mansion house needs haunting just call, Rentaghost,
We've got spooks and ghouls and freaks and fools, at Rentaghost,
Hear the Phantom of the Opera, sing a haunting melody,
Remember what you see is not a mystery but ..... Rentaghost!

http://www.tv.cream.org/specialassig...rentaghost.mp3
Oh man I loved that show!!

"Mistress Meeker!!!"

I remember the horse that touched it's nose with it's hoof to disappear and some woman from Coronation Street that was in it as a fairy thing called Miss Pop-Off (I think).

Last edited by rincewind; Sep 5th 2004 at 9:14 am.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:56 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Timothy Claypool was one of my heroes when I was young. And who can forget 'Whatshisname Smith'.