Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

getting a waiver

getting a waiver

Old Jan 22nd 2002, 5:14 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2
sharpy102 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!

I've been asking this a lot of places but it seems to me that no one knows the answer. Please help if you know!
Ok, I am a J2 dependent who will be turning to 21 at the very beginning of April. Now, my father will go back to our home country at the end of July but until July I still will have to graduate from the high school which I'm currently attending. Since my dad is subject to the two year home residency, me too. Can I apply for visa waiver (so I can apply for a student visa) independently from my dad? If yes, how should I do that? What happens if I don't get any waiver before my visa expires? Will I considered to be illegal even if I will be waiting for the waiver? But, the main question is Can I (J2) apply for visa waiver independently from my dad? Please answer as soon as possible because my visa will expire at the beginning of April right before my 21st birthday!
Thank you,
sharpy102 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.