Reload this Page >

Getting UK passport in USA

Getting UK passport in USA

Old Aug 26th 2006, 3:58 pm
els
Just Joined

els is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting UK passport in USA

HI, I'm a Brit living in Los Angeles and my UK passport has expired. I think I can mail it to the UK embassy in Washington to get a new one and also to change the name to my married name. Does anyone have any more info on the process, ie costs, should I do registered mail (Don't like the idea of mailing my passport 3000 miles!!) pics etc. If you know the link with all the info that'd be great too.
Thanks very much guys! I finally get to go home for Christmas after nearly 2 years of being here!!
Els
Old Aug 26th 2006, 4:01 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting UK passport in USA

Originally Posted by els
HI, I'm a Brit living in Los Angeles and my UK passport has expired. I think I can mail it to the UK embassy in Washington to get a new one and also to change the name to my married name. Does anyone have any more info on the process, ie costs, should I do registered mail (Don't like the idea of mailing my passport 3000 miles!!) pics etc. If you know the link with all the info that'd be great too.
Thanks very much guys! I finally get to go home for Christmas after nearly 2 years of being here!!
Els
http://www.britainusa.com

Use a courier to send the passport and see what the option is for having them send it back you you by courier. Passports should never be sent regular post.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 4:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Plse use the search option on the top of the page..this subject has been discussed many times....it has even been discussed in the last week or so.

The UK Embassy in DC Fed Ex your passport back to you.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond reputeEmmaPeel has a reputation beyond repute

Its pretty fast too, I got mine back before I even thought about it....and now Im about to send my canadian one in, I just noticed that had expired also......
Old Aug 26th 2006, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

labmumUK will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Getting UK passport in USA

Originally Posted by els
Els
Hello, I just got a new UK passprt and yep, the embassy in WA helped me. I sent mine certified mail with my marraige license for my name change and my old passport. It cost about $100 if I'm not mistaken. They were really good and helpful as well it all took about 6 weeks. They have a website and a phone mumber for you to contact them and download the forms I just can't remember what it was sorry! Good luck tho'
Old Aug 27th 2006, 2:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by labmumUK
Hello, I just got a new UK passprt and yep, the embassy in WA helped me. I sent mine certified mail with my marraige license for my name change and my old passport. It cost about $100 if I'm not mistaken. They were really good and helpful as well it all took about 6 weeks. They have a website and a phone mumber for you to contact them and download the forms I just can't remember what it was sorry! Good luck tho'
The new biometric PP's are approx $190